or Connect

Posts by fire_in_july

Quote: Originally Posted by loraeileen I think there's a lot more to be said for teaching children about the abuse of any drug/alcohol rather than the blanket statement, "drugs are bad, mmmkay? and your mommy and daddy are bad too, if they're druggies, mmmkay? why don't you tell nice mr. officer johnson who everyone knows is sleeping with half the high school about your druggie parents, mmmkay?" But you are SO right, and that was SO...
Quote: Originally Posted by snowbunny I had to take DARE when I was a kid ... It teaches about drugs and that all drugs are 'bad.' It teaches that students should tell on their parents or other people who they believe are doing drugs. I also had to take DARE. I was left with the feeling that *everything* they said about drugs was total BS because of the above things. Oh, heroin is bad? BS, because you are full of it. You're telling...
Now see, if one of my family members were to dare and treat my step-son this way, they would be told quickly and in no uncertain terms that if they could not treat all the children equally when it came to gifts, we would not be accepting ANY gifts for ANY of the children from them. But that's just me - I'm blunt like that I don't think you have to do it in front of the child - that would have the unfortunate result of just calling to her attention more the...
Genevra is - je-NEV-ra At least that is what I presume! I have never met anyone with this name, but have seen it in writing and think it is beautiful. If I am incorrect on that pronunciation, please anyone correct me! I would hate to be using the wrong one!
Quote: Originally Posted by Sagesgirl Olivia & Chloe are both very popular right now (Olivia #4, Chloe #23). Chiara would normally concern me because I see it being mispronounced more often than not, but since you've chosen an unusual (in the States, anyway) pronunciation of Helena that obviously doesn't concern you...I like Amana & Kyra about equally (though Kyra will also constantly be said wrong). Of course, if you want to keep similar ethnicities...
Hello - we are going round and round on names for our girl due in Sept! Can I just have some HONEST (and I mean brutally honest - I'm not the type to get offended over people's opinions on names - I want to know *before* I name the kid!) opinions on these? Thanks so much! This is pretty much our final list, so we don't need other suggestions at all, just thoughts on which to pick from these.
1 or 2 syllable middles that I like with Julian Brockenborough (LOVE Julian BTW!): Julian Blake Julian Marcus Julian Micah Julian Trey Julian Troy Julian Reece Julian Leo Julian Cedric Julian Sage Julian Blaise Julian Marcel
Quote: Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama ...born and raised Roman Catholic...:LOL I don't really know what to think. I have been confused about where I really belong religion-wise, but as mentioned above, for some odd reason, I feel like I belong in the Catholic Church, even though I don't really agree with much of it. Sounds pretty stupid I guess. It doesn't sound stupid at all to me. I was raised Catholic too and now disagree with...
Quote: Originally Posted by HeartsOpenWide I do not get what the point of the quiz is It's supposed to tell you what percentage match your personal beliefs are for each religion listed. The higher your match, the more likely that religion is a good fit for you. I was just wondering how well it fit everyone.
I have been homeless but never TRULY homeless, I guess would be the way to describe it. I have been homeless in the sense that my lease was up and I had no new place and nowhere to go for about a month. But I shacked up with a friend until my new place was available, and even if I hadn't, I have any number of family members I could have stayed with. I have never experienced TRUE homelessness, as in, there is *no where* I can go besides a shelter.