or Connect

Posts by Izzy's Mom

Oh sorry to hear of his reaction, maybe with time he'll be ready, but he probably was in the mindset of you finishing your program and then working. I would imagine you can do some substitute teaching or something fairly soon, even if you don't get a f/t placement right away, for what that's worth. But I'd also note that if you DH warms up to the idea and you do decide to go with your plan I'd aim for a due date of no earlier than February. If you have any pregnancy...
Hmmm, at 11 I would be okay if my son came home from practice/games with another team parent, whether I knew them well or not, with the caveat that the teammate of my child was also in the vehicle, as opposed to alone with the adult I didn't really know.    Although I will say I think if your child isn't old enough for that type of situation - they shouldn't be left at all. I coach U12 soccer so 10 and 11 yo's - I don't appreciate or respect parents who leave their...
All three of mine were similar, but not identical. My water broke with each (although middle one was more of a leak than a full puddle, like the first and third). First and third were actually very similar now that I think of it - middle of night and water breaking. Third moved much faster though - went straight to hard, hard labour. First was barely noticeable but rushed to hospital due to frank breech and planned section.   Middle child was morning, slow leak, slow...
I was that type of teen - and to this day I would rather read a book than join a team sport! That said, I think it is CRUCIAL that kids get enough activity in, and honestly I'd say they need at least 30 minutes 6 days a week - preferably more. A family walk after dinner every day would be all that you need. And I also agree that swimming and similar solo activities are a good choice. Another option my non-exercise child likes is family tennis games at the free public...
Really pleased to hear this!! You are doing a great job of working toward your VBAC and hopefully soon we'll all be reading your birth story!
Wonderful news!! Congrats to her!
I think you are on the right track with this attitude! Given where you are located right now, it really is impressive that you have found such a VBAC friendly provider and I would not give that up or I suspect you would join the legions in that country getting a c-section.   Will be thinking positive vbac thoughts for you!    
Taryn   I can so sympathize with you! I found labor and pushing to all be very difficult. I did a lot of preparation (although not hypnobabies) and early labour wasn't bad, so I thought I could manage. I had an epidural with my first VBAC though because after laboring all day at home and thinking it was a good time to go the hospital - well, it wasn't! It was too early and I hurt and I was strapped to a bed and I eventually begged for an epidural.   VBAC number two was a...
Extremely good idea! The longer you labor at home, the better chance you avoid the rules and requirements of the hospital. Once at the hospital things can spiral quickly because they want you on a monitor and you end up in bed. When to leave depends on proximity to hospital, but possibly she can even go to the hospital once things are REALLY moving (contrax very close together, and long and hard) but not actually physically go in. Walk around nearby or...
Congratulations - what a wonderful VBAC story!