or Connect

Posts by gingerstar

Hi Alaska Mamas, A friend of mine is having a nurse in: SAFEWAY 3627 Airport Way, Fairbanks, Alaska Friday, August 6th, 2010 At 2 (TWO) pm!!! Here is her blog with her story: http://hippiediva.com/
When your vet checks him out, be sure to test for giardia, which is common in puppies and easy to cure.
Quote: Originally Posted by IntuitiveJamie Actually if anyone can lead me to an online LYS that takes paypal I would appreciate it. I don't want to use cash right now for yarn, but I'd be willing to try some more expensive yarn if I could find somewhere that takes paypal!!! If you are on Ravelry, look around at what people have listed on their Sale/Trade pages. Or if there is a nice yarn you'd like to try, look for it on those pages. Most...
I heard a solution during the elections that I loved. For every obnoxious FWD:FWD:FWD: - make a small donation (say, to Obama/the Democratic Party - for the ones insisting he's a Muslim, or made the National Day of Prayer illegal, or whatever) in THEIR name, so that they get the "Thank You" email. Then tell them that they are free to send whatever they like, and you are free to donate to whomever you like. Ha HA! Bet they stop pretty dang quick!
What a great neighbor you are! One thing that is helpful, and it might not be too late, and if you have room, see if there is any salvageable food in their fridge/freezer that you can store for them. Sometimes that is still cold, and they might be grateful for it. Even just assuring them that you will keep an eye on their property while they have to stay elsewhere might ease their mind. And as a FF's wife, thanks for thinking to take them Gatorade!
I wish I had some encouragement for you there - at nearly two, mine is only just getting that one figured out. I can see some progress...
No, it really is that easy. Dogs respond to crate training because it meets their needs, they feel safe, and provided the crate is used responsibly (not crated too long or used as punishment) your dog should love it. As I said in my post in the thread about how long to leave your dog crated, my dog (not quite 2, 70 lb high energy dog) loves her crate. If she feels ready for bed (for her, that means one last time outside, then prowl the house, then crate) she will "wuff"...
Yikes! I got the same thing!
I have a large (70 lb) dog, pretty high energy, and a terrible chewer. (She's not yet 2, I'm hoping she'll yet grow out of this!!) She loves her crate. If I'm up later than usual she will ask to go in her crate at night. She is crated 6 to 10 hours at night, but holding elimination is different when sleeping. I feel guilty if she needs to be crated more than about 5 - 6 hours during the day, and that does not often happen - less than once a week. We try to balance it by...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan But the census doesn't even care if people live there. Like for our state census my dh wasn't counted in our home since he was at basic training. I don't know anything about a state census, but for the 2010 Census, it is supposed to record where people are on 4/1/2010 - so he would be counted at basic. If you count him at home as well, he would be counted twice. I did some work for this year's 2010...