or Connect

Posts by Justine

Hi Michelle,   Sorry for the late reply.  My son is specifically looking for a boy penpal - sorry, I should have mentioned that.   Thanks anyway, Justine
Hi there,   I am an unschooling parent of two boys ages 7 and 5, living in the UK and would like to find a penpal for my oldest son.  He doesn't write much yet but I think it would be really nice for him to receive post from the US, even if it's a few lines!   His main interests are Lego, planes (especially WWII planes), xbox and computer games to name but a few.   Would love to hear from anyone who is interested!   Justine
DS1 who is 3, is due to start at nursery in Sept - 3 mornings a week 3am-11.30pm. We went there this morning for 15 mins. Generally speaking it is 'OK' - the main teacher seems fairly gentle and there's plenty to do. However, I observed several things that really bothered me which I just need to discuss and see what others think. The first scenario was a boy who was sat in a group at a table who was waving a crayon either in the air, or at someones face and I...
Hi there, My nephew who is almost 5 has just recently gone through a similar thing. SIL thought they were something called 'absences'. She took him to the docs - he'll be having an EEG - the doc said that he would have to be having them fairly frequently for them to be absences. How often does your little one have them? He had one or two near roads so SIL was pretty worried. It really could be nothing serious but worth getting it checked out. Try not to worry -...
DS who is 36mths seems resistant to being nappy-free and wearing underpants. He has used the potty for about the last 6 months in a very random fashion - several days of using it, then just not being interested. He has pooed in it once and seemed really fine about it. He seems to have good bladder control and knows when he needs to go. I have been trying to encourage him to be nappy-free but he just really wants to wear a nappy all the time. I am concerned that if I...
DS1 who is 2.75 started preschool last week. He has been for a total of 3 days (Mon/Tues last week and today). It's for 2.5 hours. I am satisfied with the preschool, there's plenty to do and the staff are great. On the first day he was fine saying goodbye but was very up and down for the last hour, crying 10 mins before the end. On the second day they rang me an hour & half into it to come and get him as he was very upset. Today, we were discussing going there,...
Just wanted to say that my DS1 (2.75) is pretty much the same. I just think all children are different. He is pretty high needs and attached to me and always has been. I do tons of stuff with him to make our days as diverse as possible but it does get hard so I totally empathise with you. He does have moments where he does do his own stuff but that tends to be in the evenings when DP gets home. I don't worry too much about it really - I know it gets really hard but...
Hiya, Just thought I would send support from a fellow brit ;-). I think you are totally justified to think the way you do. It makes me so cross to think of children being spoken about in this way. I would definately take your time to think about what your options are. My DS is 2.75 and we went along to the local preschool. I have to say after observing one session and seeing how he was there I was very disappointed in the whole environment. I really do find...
Thank you Lauren. My gut instinct is that this is not the right place for my son so I think I shall give it a miss. I shall explore my other options, and yes, thanks for reminding me that he is still young and leaving it till later is a possibility too. Many children here do start preschool at 2.5 and I suppose I feel a certain amount of pressure to be doing the same, even though we are a much more alternative type of family in comparison with others! Thanks again.
Just looking for some feedback from anyone who attempted to enrol their child in preschool and then changed their minds and generally feels unsure. My ds is 2 & 3/4, is high needs and doesn't deal with transitions very well. On the other hand he is bright, creative and intellligent. I took him to preschool last week for one session, stayed with him and overall I felt it didn't feel right for him. The playleaders/assistants were disappointing and didn't make...