or Connect

Posts by maeveypoo

Hey there ladies! I've been so busy for the past months, I can't believe where the time's gone! I woke up this morning and thought about how long it's been since I've come to this forum and read the stories of your lives and remembered just how much this circle means to me. I've missed you. Sam is doing really well, he's been working hard on his therapies and can now raise his right arm a little (mostly using his shoulder muscles, but you can feel the tendons in his...
Happy Thanksgiving ladies! : It's been a hugely crazy month and I've missed all of you so much. I decided to take a bit of a break from the internet for awhile, but couldn't not wish everyone a lovely holiday. : Sam is doing well, although his discharge date keeps getting set back because they can't seem to get full nursing coverage for him here at home and they won't set the date until they get enough nurses. It's a rather ridiculous cycle. He just wants to come...
Quote: Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali Jeni- I hope I wasn't stepping on your toes by posting an update. I know you are super busy. Please let me know (via pm or in this thread) if you'd rather post the updates. I just get so excited! Not at all It just struck me as funny
DoK ~ I was just about to post that Sam also can control his spasms! Not when they happen, but when one starts he can bring it under control and stop it! My last day of training is supposed to be this Wednesday. I say supposed to be because the trainer has given me a bit of the runaround when it comes to my training and it's her fault it's taken as long as it has. I understand there is procedure to follow and all, but each training session was supposed to be 2 hours...
aweynsayl ~ I did go to the falls, on the full moon in September. I took Bael and it was utterly magical! It was the first time there were other folk there while I was there (we climbed back up over the railing and startled a couple making out on the boardwalk viewpoint, the girl actually screamed, it was great!). And then right before we were about to leave the cops rolled in behind us and took our IDs and gave us a talking to about not parking in the No Parking zone,...
Update on me ~ Things are rather a lot in a state of flux in my life. I've met yet another man who is amazing and asks me the hard questions that make me think and question my choices. Somehow, karma has chosen this to be the year of the new on so many levels for me. Now is a good time for change and I see a lot of major ones happening by Samhain this year. Definitely going to be the start of a new year for me. Much love to all you ladies for all the support...
Haven't read the thread yet (I will...promise to myself...) but wanted to post an update on Sam ~ So this past Wednesday (October 1) Sam had his halo removed! Soo very happy about that! I will be doing my final bit of RT training this upcoming Wednesday (taking Sam out of his room "portable" ~ which means Sam in his wheelchair with no extra trailing bits of equipment, everything will be stored on his chair). Once I am signed off on that, we will be able to schedule his...
DoK ~ That is so very exciting! I know everything will come together for you : BurtsGirl ~ Oh, sweetie, much love to you and healing vibes to him. Welcome to all the new mamas! These ladies rock I'm planning on entertaining for Mabon. So far we have about 13 adults coming (will most likely be nearer to 20) plus the three adults who live here and the four kids at home. Although I'm going to be no help whatsoever in helping with menu choices, I usually just try to...
I'll try and get some pictures taken this weekend
and a little update on me ~ I'm doing rather fabulously all things considered. Been getting some me time in, meeting new people, making new garb for myself (I'm working an event this weekend by myself so I've been nose to the grindstone so to speak since I only had the one dress ~ I now have 3!), going to head over to Snoqualmie Falls again tonight to touch base with the world, and actually in the process of planning a party for Mabon Training at the hospital has...