or Connect

Posts by laerhk

I took my girls to another contagious family to share suckers and juice cups in late Sept.  It worked! My daughter caught it almost 2 weeks later to the day, and has blisters as we speak.  Lots of spots still cropping up, so I'm thinking Sunday evening or Monday daytime would ensure you get exposure for sure!   If I have anymore contagious kids later in the week, I'll post as I find out.  We live in Flint, MI, right at the highway intersection of I-69, M-23 and...
I'm having a day-time sleep problem with my 5.5 wk old DD.  At night, we co-sleep and she nurses to sleep, then is out (or doesn't wake me up) until 2-3:30ish and again until 5:30-6:30ish.  She MIGHT sleep for an hour or two around 7-8 am, but then she does the 15 minute "pretend" nap ALL FREAKIN' DAY.  This continues until 9/10pm, when I finally take her to bed with me.   Ways I've tried to get her to sleep (generally in combos of 3):   nursing* pacifier...
My 3rd DD had stork bites that went away by age 2.  Then her sister (age 4 at the time) ran her over with her bike("She didn't move out of the way!"), and DD's stork bites returned with the giant goose egg that appeared.  They went away again a few months later.   I guess it depends on the bites/kid.
I'm so glad you're back with us!  I hope everything goes well for you from here on out as you recover and get stronger!!
What a great birth story!  I'm sorry you had to deal with the hospital and EMTs the way you did, but I'm glad your daughter is healthy and you're home resting now! :)
Ditto!!
I ended up in the hospital because my protein levels were spiking higher and higher, and my blood pressure was also rising.  Otherwise, I was fine, but it was starting to scare my midwife and I was already 4 days overdue.  I cried over having to go to the hospital, especially when my midwife told me she wasn't going to be able to go with me because she was up the night before vomiting!   However, she had assured me that the backup hospital was the best she'd ever...
TG for this thread.  My DD is 3 weeks old, and I thought I was losing my mind.  I can't put this (3rd) DD of mine down for anything.  She even hates the swing, very much unlike her older sisters.  Now that I know some kids are like this, I just have to get into the habit of wearing the Moby 24/7.  I'll be interested to see what happens over the next few weeks...for both her sanity and mine.    Thanks for reminding me that babies get to be a lot more independent when...
I'm investigating the idea of a Class III or IV upper lip tie on my 2 week old daughter.  I seriously believe I would still be in tears daily if not for this thread!  The resources are amazing and I've already made two appointments: one with my local pediatric dentist (who didn't seem to be aware, but is at least interested enough to call me several times after making the first appointment--once to ask questions and the second time to up the appointment to first thing...
Uterus is getting ready to "let go" and that baby has dropped! yeay you!