or Connect

Posts by SquishyKitty

Quote: Originally Posted by womenswisdom As a PSA, the vaccine for FIV causes a cat to test positive for the disease, so you might consider microchipping so that if your cat were injured or lost and tested, it would not be euthanized when it tested positive and returned to you instead. My cats have both had FIV and neither of them have ever tested positive, before or after. I agree with microchipping, and honestly I would vax because on the...
I don't think the tone of the OP was harsh at all, backyard breeding is a really bad thing, and results in otherwise adoptable shelter dogs going without homes in favor of a cute puppy of questionable origin. My frenchie is the result of bad breeding. He has sleep apnea, he can barely breathe, the stupid breeders put PLASTIC RODS in his ears to make them stand up like the "cute" frenchies. Seriously. Our Mastiff is likely a perfect dog to "Breed" with, and we had...
He looks full boxer to me. Just remember that boxers have mastiff/molosser lines anyways. His might be more pronounced, but I've seen some boxers that almost look more mastiff in the face. His body is all boxer, though. Slim hips, big chest, long legs. His head shape is boxer to me, as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Harmony96 Wow, he's gotten CRANKY since his new remedy dose. What happened to my peaceful baby? Now when he's mad, he's MAD and he keeps trying to side-bend out of my arms. Before, when he was mad, he'd just fuss a little until his need was met. Are you sure he's not experiencing some kind of discomfort? It sounds like he might be in pain, maybe gas bubbles or something? I'd stop the remedy and see if it continues.
Also, 9 months is plenty old enough to start training. Our trainer has puppy classes and older dog classes, and our rottie was already in canine good citizen training by that age. Once she finished with that, she knew basic commands, leash manners, and listened very well. We still don't leave her to run free around strangers, but that's because we don't trust other people lol.
The dog needs training, your son needs to not be around him alone without a parent to remind both the dog and the child of their manners. Even our rottweilers' herding instinct kicks in when she's around a lot of kids, so we don't let her loose around them. Kids run and play, dogs feel the need to herd and correct. It can be a bad situation. Don't set the kid or the dog up for failure, you know? The dog is, first and foremost, not a family pet, but a herding dog and a...
I hear duct tape works pretty well. Just strap them both up to the wall in whatever room you're working in. As you move from room to room, just unstrap and tack them back up wherever you are. Then you can talk to them and sing them songs and all kinds of fun stuff. Bonus: Put the baby at boob level, and then you can just stand there and nurse and clean while he's still taped up. *Disclaimer lest anybody believe I actually advocate duct taping babies: I do not...
I'd talk to them first, they may not even be aware that they're doing it. Blackout curtains will help if you can't find them, though.
Is the poo itself bloody, or is it just that she's got a very irritated bum and when she goes, it's causing bleeding? Normally if it's bright red, it's not from the poop, but from a sore behind. If it's darker, it could be from something internal and you want to get that checked out right away. I live in germany and there is a brand of diaper cream I used to use, damned if I can't remember the brand (it was ten years ago) but it was in a little flat tin and it worked...
I would really caution against putting oils on the skin, in my experience they exacerbate the problem, instead of helping. Have you seen a dermatologist?