or Connect

Posts by SquishyKitty

You definitely want to finish out the course of antibiotics, but also look at getting her some probiotics as well. The poo can be from the antibiotics, but the blood might be due to the diarrhea and a sore, cracked bum. Teething can also exacerbate the issue, so if possible, get her soaking in a lukewarm bath and baking soda, and then (if possible) get her as much air time as possible (without diapers). Also, desitin works really well when you do need to put a diaper...
Are you using any essential oils or anything on his skin? I ask because that breaks me out worse than anything else out there. I would try the aquaphor, but I'd also try a lotion that soaks into his skin, and doesn't sit on top. Being hot and sweaty also makes it worse. I can't use ANYTHING with perfumes or dyes, for me, it's a completely topical allergy. If I use any cleaners, even "natural" ones, I have to wear gloves or risk an outbreak. Strangely enough, the...
DS has PDD/NOS, and at that age, he really liked knowing what was coming. Have him pick a book for bedtime at the start of the day. Have him pick a special activity for after lunch, small things like that. Give him lots of time to transition from one activity to another, "DS, we are going to start putting stuff away in XX minutes" and set a timer. Give him reminders every couple of minutes. He may be resistant at first, but eventually he'll fall into a routine, as long...
Also, put a flea collar in your vacuum bag/canister. It kills the eggs.
Also, if you're looking to save money, I'd look at just trying a simple flea collar from the drugstore first. We use the Hartz ones on our cats and it keeps even the ticks off of them, but for some reason they just don't work well on our big dogs. So, that might be reasonable for your smaller dog. I have also heard that, to keep fleas from spreading through the house, to put a flea collar in your vacuum bag or canister to kill the eggs when you vacuum up. We don't have...
I would not use tea tree oil, as it can be toxic to dogs and cats. There is no known "safe" level, just a lot of anecdotal information heard second-hand. Frontline works really well for fleas, but not very well for ticks.
The tan one looks to me like he's got some rottweiler in him, based on the ears and the shape of the head and nose. Very similar to our rottie. Same big curled tail too. I would think rottie/lab mix, but our rottie is a big girl so unless it was a small lab (most yellow labs aren't) I can't see that. Very gorgeous dog though. The darker one, I was thinking shep/lab mix. He's got the scruffy long hair of a shepherd and some of the sharper features. I'm not seeing chow at...
Not to sound alarmist, but something sounds very wrong and you need to get him in ASAP. He is showing signs of pain or sickness, which has to be severe because cats are good at hiding that kind of thing. I hope you're able to get him in soon.
What kind of uniforms are they? If they are military uniforms, you don't want to strip anything from them, they are made in a specific way to camouflage him in different situations.
Then don't test. But personally I'd like to know if my pet had a terminal and very communicable disease. Why ask if you don't want to test?