or Connect

Posts by chekhovgirl

Wow, having a rewards system is one thing, but then also only giving prizes to a few of the kids by chance?  That would be enough for me to go to the administration if it couldn't be resolved with the teacher.  It's clearly impeding your daughter's focus on her work and making her feel like she hasn't accomplished a goal.  Does the teacher want that?  And I'm sure she's not the only one feeling like this.  Good luck!
  Hi,    I've been musing for several years about starting an outdoor preschool program. I'm trying to form more specific goals for this program.  If you wouldn't mind responding to this thread to give me some initial feedback I would greatly appreciate it!   Keep in mind: I live in Massachusetts, so it gets cold and icy here!     Would you enroll your child in a preschool program which is predominantly outside all school year?   Would you enroll them...
Hi,    I've been musing for several years about starting an outdoor preschool program. I'm trying to form more specific goals for this program.  If you wouldn't mind responding to this thread to give me some initial feedback I would greatly appreciate it!   Keep in mind: I live in Massachusetts, so it gets cold and icy here!     Would you enroll your child in a preschool program which is predominantly outside all school year?   Would you enroll them as...
PMed you :)
We're heading up to NH and are hoping to hit some waterfalls to do some swimming!
Hope you can find something like this!   http://www.massaudubon.org/PDF/sanctuaries/arcadia/Arcadia_Nature_Preschool_brochure2010.pdf
3 year olds should have problems sitting still ;)  Preschools don't give kids nearly as much unstructured outside play time as they need (I dream of  opening an outdoor preschool!).  I searched around and I just can't find something that you are looking for specifically in your area.  Is there a nature center around that has preschool programs?  We have a nature center on the south shore that has a preschool in it.  My son goes to a Montessori school and they don't spend...
Do you live in the Brookline area?
Thank you, there were a lot of good points made here.  Reading this thread I realize that we live a pretty "active, urban" lifestyle.  We walk/bike to the park, library, etc.  I am more concerned bout "dirty" time, as meemee brought up.  My kids have been living in their rain pants these days and now that we've thawed out they're ready to go digging in our garden.  I'm concerned about not having that kind of freedom in a public space- I don't know if they'd like my kids...
A little background:  My husband and I were raised in more suburban/rural areas, but we both went to college in Boston and lived there a short time after being married before we bought a house in an immediate "suburb" which is very walkable, houses are close to each other, somewhat city-like,but still a suburb.  I've often longed to move back into the city and now we may have the chance.    Now that we have two kids under the age of 4, my concern is getting the kids...