or Connect

Posts by VioletMommy

OP here...I've been mysteriously locked out of my MommaMoo account. Ahhh, yes...just wait and see if I O later. Patience! I guess I'm still short on that, despite my having a DS that tests mine on a regular basis. I guess I was just expecting to have a few days of FM before ovulating, and that should have started by now. I suppose I should just make some RRL tea and chill out.
For moms with the Maclaren Triumph, when did you start using it? My ds is 3 1/2 months, and I sat him in it recently, and it just didn't look right-like he still needs better support for a while longer. He has good head control and he'll finally go in a carrier, forward-facing in the Moby (Yes!!!! Freedom for me!!!!!) but he didn't seem protected enough in the Triumph. Do I need to wait until he can sit by himself? No big deal, really, it's just easier to transfer him to a...
Success! I tried turning ds around in the moby wrap today, facing forward, and he loves it. I wasn't going to put him in like that for another month, since I thought that 4 months was the earliest I should do that, but he has good head control and isn't wobbly in it at all. Plus, the shoulder pieces provide support, too. I was able to tidy up the house today and do more than sit in the rocking chair. I am really looking forward to being able to run errands without fearing...
Since my ds was born 3 months ago, I have tried and tried to get him to go into a carrier. I've tried pouches, the Bjorn, and now the Moby. The result is always the same-fussing, crying, tears. Sometimes he will be content for 5-10 minutes, then he realizes something like, "oops, I'm supposed to hate these things," and he starts fussing or crying. I make sure he's not uncomfortable, his little limbs are all right, he has a clean diaper, he's not hungry, etc., but nothing...
[QUOTE=yoopervegan Cooking from scratch is also key. 100% wheat bread and buns are very expensive but pretty cheap to make. I have a grinder so I make it even cheaper by buying 25 pound sacks of organic wheat berries for $10. $10 of those and some yeast, salt, and sugar keeps us in bread for three months. [/QUOTE] Great idea! I am going on ebay today in search of a grain grinder. You can also use eggs in a variety of ways, and free-range eggs aren't very $$....
Hello! I am quite happy to have this thread! I have been NT for almost 2 years, and I have had excellent results with it. I am still working on WAP's Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, which is a fascinating read. I used to be a vegan, and managed to stay on that diet for a few years. I probably did my body quite a bit of damage, since I ate mostly junk, as long as it didn't contain animal products. Stupid! My DH also used to be vegetarian, and he is NOT the type of...
Thank you Amanda! I will check that out. Angela, check out the website westonaprice.org Sorry, I am new to this forum and didn't realize NT was discussed on other pages...glad to see it!
Just wondering...My DH and I followed the Nourishing Traditions cookbook and the findings of Dr. Weston A. Price pretty much to a "T" for about a year before conception, and I continued with it through pregnancy. Harder, now, with a 12-week old, though! All the things that were stated as being outcomes of that diet happened for me-an exceptionally easy pregnancy with not so much as a stretch mark, an easy birth with far less pain than I anticipated, and a gorgeous baby...
I would say no ANY commercial rice milk, and no to almond milk or oat milk either. Another problem, besides all the processing, is that grains, nuts, and legumes must undergo a soaking prior to preparation and eating. I really doubt that these companies do that. Almost nobody does this in their own homes. This deactivates the enzyme inhibitors, which prevent absorption of the minerals. Otherwise, eating unsoaked rice, nuts, oats, wheat, etc., just robs your body of minerals.
I should clarify that I was using the alc and echinacea AFTER the cord fell off, which was in a few days. After that, I cleaned accumulated goop around the site with a q-tip, and used ech when there was any redness.