or Connect

Posts by SageR

I use this too.  I do not want all the fillers that are in Oxyclean.  It is pricey but I think it is totally worth it if you can afford it. I usually order multiple containers a coupletimesayear, when I can find it on sale, to save a bit.  I have used Biokleen oxygen bleach and another bulk one they have at my coop, as well as liquid hydrogen peroxide and Borax.  IMO Oxyboost is the best of all of them.  I do think you need to follow their directions for the best...
Yes, oxygen bleach works best as a presoak in warm to hot water.  IMO it doesn't do much to just add it to a regular wash cycle.  What I do is fill the washer, add my oxygen bleach, add the clothes, let it agitate, then let it sit over night.  In the morning I add some detergent and let the wash cycle finish.  if you have a front loader and can't pause a wash cycle you can do the soaking in a container or the sink and then transfer the clothes to the washer.
We just refinanced for 3.8%  fixed for 20 years, with no escrow and closing costs bundled in, through our local bank.  It is saving us a lot of money and 2 years of payments.  We have a pretty small income so it is a life changing amount for us, actually.  Interest rates are the lowest they have been in decades right now so maybe that is why you are hearing about people with crazy rates?  TBH though, I don't know anyone else with a rate like ours, at least not yet.  ...
I love wool covers.  I used a little pul with my first son but most of our diapering has been done with wool covers.  I like pull-up soakers, shorties, and longies - Disana, recycled, or handknit. I have so Imse Vimse wool wraps to try with my new baby too - I found them for practically nothing at a consignment store . For my first two I used Sudz n Dudz wool wash bars and solid lanolin, but for this baby I splurged and got Imse Vimse wool shampoo and wool cure.  The...
Yeah, I would not plan on your babe not crying or fussing. AP babies might tend to be less fussy than mainstream reared babies but they are still babies - crying is still one of the only ways they can communicate.Anyway, especially if you are breastfeeding you will know when they need to eat. If not by their sucking and snuffling (my boys acted like pigs searching for truffles) then by how full your breasts feel.
You don't need anything special.  We have a Rubbermaid can with one of those pedals on the bottom that lifts the lid when you step on it.  We got it at our loca lhardware store and I am sure it is the kind of things you can get just about anywhere.  A couple of liners and you are good to go.   I recall when I was first researching cloth diapers that several website recomended  this system and said that there was no need for the lid to be airtight - in fact it would...
My second c/s was much easier than my first. I wasn't exhausted by labor, I was emotionally prepared, and I knew what to expect.  I had an appropriate birth plan in place (this was a big one - with my first I only had a plan for a successful unmedicated water birth.  I had no idea what to ask for in the event of surgery and my subsequent infection and prolonged hospital stay.) The delivery itself was much more calm and peaceful and I had my baby in my arms within minutes...
All Moby wraps and other similar carriers are is a very long piece of fabric.  So it would be pretty easy to do one yourself.  If you have back problems then it might be good to get some fabric that has minimal stretch to it. I found that my carrier got kind of stretched out easily, so I would get very uncomfortable and need to re-wrap often.  If I tried to wrap it really tightly I would leak milk all over the baby and he would leak pee on me through his diaper covers....
That's interesting!  I love how different bodies respond to pregnancy in such unique ways.  Part of my whole issue is that my joints and ligaments do not really stretch or move, so all of my organs and everything are just pushed right out in front.  My ribcage and hips haven't expanded at all.  But my belly is HUGE.