or Connect

Posts by SageR

Guess: boy Appointment Date: 10/13/11 Its a...   I think this baby is another boy.  We already have three!  Everyone else is dying for a girl - there are no girls in this generation on either side of the family.  I would love a daughter but the idea also stresses me out a little since everyone will be so intense about it.  I've told several people that I think it is a boy and they think that is just my subconcious trying to prepare myself for disappointment if it...
I originally thought we weren't going to have to get much but this weekend my dss's mother told me she gave our diapers away (to a good cause at least! our local diaper service donates used dipes to families in need).  She had no idea we'd ended up needing them back so I'm not mad but it does mean that we now have to get diapers.  So I will probably buy those, some fasteners, wipes, and diaper pail liners as soon as I have the money.  Other than diapers we need...
I love prefolds. They are easy to fold to fit well and they clean up pretty easily too.  I've never used Thirsties but they seem to be very popular.   That looks like a good number to me - I think about 3 dozen diapers total and half a dozen covers is perfect.  I have no idea about sizes though. I used preemie pfs for the first couple weeks and then infant sized.  But depending on where you get the diapers and what the retailer calls the sizes, it's hard to compare. ...
Parenting well, in any style, takes a lot of support, so it can be really hard to stay with your decisions when you feel alone.  When I was pregnant with my first I wanted to breastfeed and cloth diaper too and I couldn't find anyone in irl who was doing those things - I actually couldn't even connect with anyone with a baby at all! My mother and mil were supportive - they did both and saw it as a kind of "this is what you do" thing (I remember talking to my mother about...
That's scary!  I actually use a vegetarian version of the sauce, but yes, the regular stuff does contain anchovies.  I bet there is fish in a lot of Thai or Korean snacks too since they use so much fish sauce for flavoring.  Another good thing about homemade - you can control the ingredients.  
Well, of course!  Raising children requires a lot of income one way or another.  We only have one income and it's a struggle, and I can't even afford to have a job. Childcare would take most of what I earn.  We'd actually end up in the red.  I honestly don't know how a lot of people do it - I'm constantly amazed that we manage somehow. I was really referring to the stuff, and why people think they need so much and why it has to be new, in response to pps.  My sister had...
Hi everyone.  Congrats on your baby boy Camergirl! I love my boys.  Everyone else is hoping for a girl this time but as we move along I find myself hoping for another boy.  Not that I won't be happy with a girl - I just think everyone else will be so excited about a girl that it will be a little overwhelming.  And we'll have the "share" her more.  This baby will make the 8th grandchild, and they are all boys so far.   Anyway, I look forward to hearing about everyone...
I'm just starting to get my appetite back so I haven't been eating much at all. My only real indulgence has been frozen jalepeno poppers, heated up in the toaster oven. I think they are basically peppers and cheese product which is gross but I actually want them so I figure they're better than eating nothing.    Normally I have a intense sweet tooth but I haven't been wanting anything in particular this pregnancy.  Homemade caramel and marshmallows do sound really...
My understanding of those studies is that diet won't determine sex, but that a good diet will make boy babies more likely to "stick" - apparently boys need more and/or a greater variety of nutrients.  I'm not a scientist so I don't if that is accurate or the studies are valid, but that is the way my nurse sil explained it to me.  My mother, who had very unusual gynecological problems and suffered several miscarriages, knows at least three of them were boys and thinks the...
When funds are tight the only meat I buy is chicken.  Our supermarket has a "natural" version is which is more expensive than the regular stuff but about half as much as pastured organic chicken.  I know it isn't ideal but since there are regulations about this stuff at least there are no added hormones, no antibiotics, no animal by-feed,  and no fillers/injections with soy. I buy whole chickens, which equal a couple of actual meat meals, plus a nice amount of stock...