or Connect

Posts by SageR

My hospital does a little parents dinner thing the last night you are there but it sure isn't lobster! Well, it's really interesting what people think improves the hospital experience. I'd have to agree that good nurses are really the best thing.  That and AP friendly policies.  My last baby I had him in my arms in about three minutes (after they pulled him out) and he never left my sight.  The nurses were so supportive of nursing and bedsharing, and they left me alone. ...
I have a long torso too.  I know many people are able to do without a nursing pillow but even though I am relatively minimalist in terms of baby items this was really neccessary for me. I've only used a Boppy and My Brest Friend.  I prefer the My Brest Friend by far.  I could never fit the Boppy comfortably around my middle, and because the surface is sort of rounded the baby wouldn't stay put.   I like the little back support on the MBF.  I like that you can strap...
I've got our chest freezer half filled with berries - 50 lbs of blueberries, and several gallons of raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries - peaches,  and greens.  I jar up a gallon of kimchi lst week and these week I've got some cucumbers and sauerkraut going.  Next week I'll probably start on my tomatoes, and then after that I'll freeze some apple pie filling.  I guess we will be eating a lot of fruit and pickles this winter!   I feel kind of bad because I...
I'm taking New Chapter prenatals and their Wholeomega fish oil.  I just take one of each with my meals.  I also take a couple Rainbow calcium at bedtime since I don't do much dairy and am having an aversion to greens I second checking out Amazon for good deals.  My my prenatals are only $20 a month with subscribe and save/Amazon mom.  The Wholemegas are more expensive, but the calcium I think I paid $20 for an entire years worth!   I'm hoping all start eating...
Yay!  Isn't it awesome?  I get a few little thumps when I lie down at night.  I'm a little shocked to be feeling baby so early but what with how big I am already I must be having another huge baby.
This reminds me of a couple more things - this spring  I started doing a nasal wash.  I use this little bottle system that was created by the man who developed Neti pots.  I got it at the supermarket with these little packets that are basically salt and baking soda.  You mix them with warm distilled water and then shot it up your nose - I think it's easier to use than a Neti pot.  A lot of people swear by this as both a preventive thing to do everyday the same way you...
I've seen the signs at the OB's office but no one has said anything about it to me.  I won't get one. But we don't do any vax.     Definitely yes to vitamin C and D.  I eat a lot of fermented veggies and blueberries (not fermented!) for my C and get my D from salmon oil.  Oh, the fermented veggies provide probiotics which are good for immune system health too.  And a heck yes to elderberry.  We use something called AnthoImmune which is made here in Maine. I can't say...
I'm not familiar with hypnobabies but I did take a hypnobirth class and I loved it.  My only complaint was the music provided but I just found my own stuff.  I really liked our instructor and the other couples in the class.  It was so warm and un-clinical.   In terms of the hypnosis component I feel like it worked pretty well for me until the end of my labor. I was in labor for a looong time and I remember feeling pretty calm and confident for most of it, although...
Congrats everyone!  I heard my baby's heartbeat today.  We couldn't find it last time so it was a bit of a relief.  I wasn't really too worried but still, what a sweet sound!
I would love to be suprised at delivery but we'll find out.  This baby is such a bonus it doesn't make a difference to me what we're having, but everyone else is so anxious for a girl.  I hope finding out halfway will give them plenty of time to get over being disappointed if we are having another boy. I knew ds #2 was a boy but I'm getting nothing with this babe.  So either way I guess it will be a suprise.   Most of our stuff was gender neutral just because I...