or Connect

Posts by SageR

I like enamel wear as well. It won't last forever but you won't have litte kids dropping plates forever either. A benefit of the enameled stuff is that it is really light, so it should be easy for the little ones to handle. Recently I saw some bamboo plates in a store. I though those looked pretty cool - lightweight and a renewable resource. I would think they would stand up to being dropped. I am intrigued by stainless steel - I didn't know such a thing existed!
I like folk music too - one of my favorite songs is Arlo Guthrie singing "Will you miss me". But any country other than Patsy Cline makes my skin crawl! I'm not an expert but I think folk music tends to be part of a cultural or historical tradition. It is a part of ones heritage and a way to connect to the past. Folk music often tells meaningful stories. There are different types of folk music from all around the world. One I can think of off the top of my head is...
Researching foods and products is a good idea. The more you know, the better able you are to make informed choices. I think a balanced diet is key to being healthy. A variety of foods is important to get all the nutrition you need. Anything can be poison or beneficial, depending on the amount of it. I think a lot of the diets out there can go to extremes. My family is vegatarian with very little eggs or dairy. Our diet consists of a lot of organic whole foods -...
Great (and easy) protein sources - Soymilk (anything soy you want to get organic to avoid pesticides and gmo) Tofu - it really doesn't have much taste, so you can use it a lot of ways Tempeh- I like this better than tofu. It is great marinated and then stir fried or even on the grill TVP - texturized vegetable protein - you can get this in crumble form or strips Nuts and nut butters - I am partial to almond butter Beans - don't be scared! I had a...
My sister is very similar - I am so excited to share different things I have learned and things I plan for my baby, but somehow she sees it as being competitive or me judging her. Somehow it is threatening to her. My advice is to try not to get into it with her. Basically (and I use this often, as a lot of my lifestyle choices are non mainstream) say "I'm really excited about all these things and the changes in my life. If you want to hear about it, I would love to...
We have our cats vaccinated for rabies and distemper, mainly because they run around outside half the time and are sure to come into contact with wild animals. If one of them were to contract rabies we wouldn't know for months, and then they could pass it on to us. And they would die truly horrific deaths. If my pets were %100 percent indoors I wouldn't do it, though, since the risk factor is gone.
My mother had told me about reproduction and the female body a long time before I started to menstruate. She has always been very open and free with her body, and helped me to feel comfortable with myself. So when I started my period I knew what was happening and went right to her. She pulled out some cloth she had been keeping for me and gave me some homeopathic medicine to help with my cramps. Then she gave me a very fine slilver chain with a little pendant of...
I used the stainless steel cleaner and it works ok, but not great. It doesn't smell as strong as some other cleaners I have had, but it sure doesn't smell natural to me either. I think the fact that there are no ingredients list is a pretty strong indicator that they are not %100 natural. My guess is they probably have some essential oils for fragrence and that's about it. In fact, I recall reading somewhere that one of the only ways to be sure you are using a truly...
I take 2 NOW prenatal caps and one Vitamin C with breakfast and the same with dinner. I started out with a different brand in tablet form and was taking all four in the am, and I was terribly constipated. After I finished that bottle I started with my current routine and it works great. I will continue with it through breast feeding. I also like the NOW because it provides %100 of my calcium and lots of B vitamins (important for us veggies) and they are a lot less...
Don't lie down unless you absolutely have to - don't even recline when and after you have eaten something. Your probably know about spicy food but fatty foods also contribute to heartburn, so avoid them if you can. I have cut down the portions of my meals and eaten more through out the day, and that has really helped me. I also would drink a glass of soymilk and that helped a lot. I have heard dairy milk will only help temporarily, but the soy milk works great...