or Connect

Posts by AutumnWind

And as far as the suspicion that your MIL will throw away your pumped milk, to me that is very, very insulting and goes to the core of disrespecting you as a mother. I mean, throwing away your BREAST MILK? Your MIL is not ready to watch your child. When your child is much older, it might be okay, and your child can tell you what went on with his grandmother. For now, as I said, I would not even go back to work if I were you. I think you need to send a CLEAR MESSAGE. ...
Blithe -- I'm white, my husband is Korean. We've been married ten years. My ILs are first generation immigrants, as is my husband. My ILs would have tried what yours are pulling, but we live three hours from them. They still tried to go on about the negatives of breastfeeding over one year, co-sleeping, AP type parenting, trying to get us to use CIO, (sigh.......). My hubby tries to stand up to them, and does, in his way. But I had to learn to start standing up to...
I'm Caucasian (EuroMutt, many generations), married to a first generation South Korean American guy. : ) My son is light-skinned, dark hair, brown almond-shaped eyes. My daughter is medium-skinned, dark hair, brown almond-shaped eyes. I'm VERY fair-skinned, and my hubby is medium-skin color. I love this board. It's so great to see so many mixed marriages that are Asian married to non-Asian, like my hubby and I. And I even see some white woman married to...
Ahhhh, Mrs. Cookie. Years ago, I was starting very similar threads here at MDC about my Korean MIL. I'm Caucasian, and my husband is Korean American. We live in the U.S. My MIL lives 3 hours away. I've had a long, hard road with her, FULL of tears, stress, anxiety, stress on our marriage, you name it. I HAD to set limits with my husband about her. And I told him, in no uncertain terms, that if HE doesn't set limits with her, I will have to. And he will be...
My Korean MIL also says nasty things about other Asian cultures. Mainly Chinese and Japanese. We don't see her much, but if we did, it would become a problem and I would have to say something -- only because she does it in front of my children. I don't want them to have a bad attitude about ANY other culture or ethnicity. I'm really surprised that more Asian families and parents don't speak up and correct teachers and educators and even the American media for...
Hi Megan!!! How the heck did you know it was me??? I met you at LLL, right?
Hi. I'm looking for other families who are raising Hapa children. I'm white, and my husband is Korean. So, our children are Hapa of course (half Asian, half non-Asian). I would love to talk with other families who are like us, who live in the Greater Binghamton area. If you know of a family like this, please send them my way. Thanks! Autumn Wind
Hi. I'm looking for other women like me, who are in intercultural marriages with Asian men. I'm white, and my husband is Korean. We have 2 kids and we live in the Greater Binghamton area. I would love to talk to other women like me who live in my area. If you know of someone like this, please send her my way -- pm me, etc... I would really appreciate it. Thank You, Autumn Wind
My dh is Korean American (first generation). This thread is very good for me, because sometimes it's a challenging road with his family..... I love Korean food. The way it smells while it's cooking, and fills the kitchen with a spicy fog that warms you to your toes. The sound of the utensils hitting the wok while it's being stirred..... The way it looks on the table, a hundred different bowls, mismatched, but belonging together (like a family), filled with side...
Hi, multicultural families. My dh is Korean American (first generation), and is dismayed that in the U.S. (or at least here in Upstate New York area) the Lunar New Year is referred to as the "Chinese New Year". It is, of course, the Chinese New Year.......in addition to being the Korean New Year, the Japanese New Year, the "Lunar New Year", and the new year that most Asian countries celebrate. Anyway, my daughter's school was celebrating it as the Chinese...