or Connect

Posts by m9m9m9

What I liked about this thread is the great information shared about attachment and attachment issues.. what I greatly disklike is the feigned concerned of the OP - sorry but I read this and immediately thought she was looking for answers like "yeah those parents suck!" Come on, a vague family member, living 1000+ miles away that she rarely sees, etc and so forth...
If I did not have any first hand experience with attachment issues, then no I would not take a child in this age range who is already diagnoised with RAD.
Good article but it sounds like many I have read over the years. I think one of the biggest problems with parents is their failure to recognize attachment and what it is and is not. I can't count how many times I have read something about the child instantly bonding. Yes, it may appear to be that way but its a trauma bond. The child litterally is clinging for dear life to this person that is nice to them because they have no other choice. They aren't attached,...
Been in plenty of Targets and they all sell tons of packaged underwear in the girl's department made by Hanes and Fruit of the Loom - and they are plain white, flowered, striped or colored and are briefs. Honestly, why even try and pretend that this isn't true and they only thing the somehow sell in your Target is bikini underwear???
I find myself becoming more and more frustrated with DD who is almost 5.5 because she continues to exhibt babyish behaviors. I have tried everything and it doesn't get better and I caught myself to day almost berating her and I hate that idea. Basically, she will talk and act much, much younger than she is for example when she sees a dog she will point and say "doggie!" much like a toddler would. I am sure that doesn't seem all that bad but most of her mannerisims are...
Home Depot has the paper blackout shades. Since its paper it could be cut to fit the areas and taped down.
My DD is 5 now and we still have lots of problems with her interupting me when I am talking to another adult or on the phone. Nothing I have tried really seems to have worked: stopping the conversation to redirect her or ask her to wait until I am done, ignorning her, role playing beforehand, getting angry, sending her to another room - you get the idea! I have run out of any feasible thing to do for when this occurs so I am looking for some suggestions of anything...
Quote: Originally Posted by tiffani I actually like the idea of adopting independently, with a less established program, because there seems to be less chance of unethical practices taking place. I actually think the opposite - its open to far more abuse and unethical practices bc you become captive to that one person to finish the adoption and there is little to no help you can get from anyone, anywhere including your own government or the...
Quote: Originally Posted by queenjane In my county/state its very common to go through a private agency to do foster care and/or adoption. In fact, i'd bet most people do. I'm with a private agency that has a contract with the state (county?) to place "state" kids. They do not do private placements (such as domestic newborns), ONLY foster kid adoptions. Other agencies in my area, such as Bethany and Lutheran SS, do the state adoptions, but also have...
My first adoption was international but now I am considering a domestic adoption. If you adopted domestically, can you PM me the name of your agency? I am open to all suggestions bc I have no idea where to start. Also, how is it that some people are able to foster/adopt through private agencies? Is that only possible in certain states? thanks!