or Connect

Posts by annie_noah

Hallo zusammen! I've just moved to Berlin with my family (partner and two kids aged 5 and 3). We're staying here temporarily until the end of July. We are having a hard time connecting with other families and children because most people seem to have their children in the KiTa from quite a young age, so we find the playgrounds to be quite empty during the day and aren't finding any playgroups for children over 24 months. My kids are lonely and looking to...
I would recommend checking out http://www.unerzogen.de/. Lots of great information and articles.
Quote: Originally Posted by NewDirections Why is it necessary to mention that the mother was breastfeeding? Falling asleep and smothering a baby could happen with formula feeding as well. It just made me angry that he mentioned breastfeeding because it makes it seem that breastfeeding is partially responsible for the baby's death That is exactly why I posted about this here. There are lots of other things that could be said about the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Claire and Boys Has there actually been an autopsy performed? Because otherwise I feel it's irresponsible for the media to be reporting this as a death caused by breastfeeding, co sleeping or whatever until it is known for sure that was the cause. Friends of ours lost a very young baby a few years ago. Baby was ill with a chest infection, dad took baby downstairs to give mum a break as she wasn't sleeping, he fell asleep...
Quote: Originally Posted by KimberlyD0 Saddly no its not the only way it could have happend. Its a horrible tragic thing no matter what. It isn't the only way the baby could have died/suffocated, but it is the only way I could see that it could be connected to breastfeeding. The baby could have died of SIDS, a heart condition, or suffocation, but those have nothing to do with breastfeeding. Quote: Its a horrible tragic thing no...
Quote: Originally Posted by KimberlyD0 we don't even know if she was using a blanket. We don't know anything except she fell asleep BF and her baby died. Tragic Kimberly: You are right. We don't know if she was using a blanket. My point was simply that the only way it COULD be connected to breastfeeding in any way is if she was using a blanket to cover up because she was breastfeeding. Otherwise, if the baby suffocated on the mom's lap...
That's great! Cuba is a very breastfeeding friendly country. Lots of babyfriendly hospitals too.
There was a tragic incident where a baby was smothered on an airplane when the mom fell asleep. The media is placing the blame on the fact the mom was breastfeeding when she fell asleep. That is ridiculous to me. The only reason it would have anything to do with her breastfeeding, is if the airline told her to "cover up" and gave her one of those horrible blankets to cover up with. Breastfeeding doesn't suffocate babies. Blankets can suffocate babies. I wrote more...
I think it is too bad that it was cancelled, but I do think it is better that it was cancelled if there is no other way to fund it than with corporate sponsorships from companies like Nestle. IMO, lack of education is better than misinformation. Neither is great, but if I have to choose an evil...
I wrote and spread the word on twitter too!