or Connect

Posts by WendyLouWho

I have an acquantance that teaches piano in her home (she's a clasically trained pianist who homeschooled her children, too). What area of town are you? She's near Clark High School if you are familiar with the area. PM if interested...I'll call her and ask if she's still accepting students.
This is my FAVORITE recipe so far. I can't recall where I first found it (most likely Raw Food Talk forum) but I have altered it...the original was way too salty. Just Like Ritz Zucchini Crackers 2 1/2 cups walnuts 2 1/2 cups cubed zucchini 1/2 cup ground golden flax 1/4 cup hemp seed (sometimes I use part sesame and part hemp) 1 tsp sea salt In a food processor, grind walnuts into small bits. Transfer to bowl. Grind zucchini down to small bits - do NOT...
: Bumping this thread...still a whole month of summer left to chat raw! I'm personally transitioning to high raw after being mostly macrobiotic for years. Good to see some threads here at mothering.
HEre's a blog you might be interested in reading. She hasn't posted lately, but there's a lot to read there from the beginning. Raising Alex aka: Raw Toddler Alex
These two boards are have a wealth of info and support (not to mention amazing recipes): Raw Food Talk (Cohen's forum) Raw Freedom Community Great Recipe site: Gone Raw Two of my favorite blogs (I won't overwhelm you...I have more on my bloglines): Sunny Raw Kitchen (founder of raw freedom community) Raw Goddess Heathy :
I don't think you are going to find much out that way. Try Sun Harvest and Whole Foods...they are about 20 - 30 minutes away from you. I believe the closest Sun Harvest is at I10/Callaghan. Sun Harvest doesn't have the best selection compared to others, but they are more economical than Whole Foods.
Ha! I knew you lived in Texas before I even opened up the thread. I feel ya, hon. It stinks in Texas in August...and I'm way more south than you. Thankfully, we just had a nice downfall from Erin so it cooled things off a bit. To 99
dh must share... Quote: Phish, southpark meadows 7/26/97, Austin, Texas. Two friends and I were sitting on the lawn and "feeling it" but we had forgotten to take a blanket. A guy in blue dress and blue pumps with matching purse comes up to me and says "do you want this blanket?" My mind could not take it at that moment, so I pointed to a friend and said "no, but he does." The guy gave him the blanket, pointed to some friends up the hill, pumped his arm...
Here's what I find so interesting. Looking at others' maps, I see some images I saw from the same mags. BUT, I also see images that I think are neat but didn't see. Now I'm going through magazines helping my 10yo finish his map and I see those images now! It's like they weren't meant for me, didn't speak to me, but they are perfect on other people's maps. Also, I have the new "Simple" magazine (is that what it's called? I don't have it in front of me and it's not...
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma my board is also VERY busy and i am wondering, is this the first or one of the first years for you other "busy" map women, also? i think that's why mine is so busy. Yep, I'm a first year mapper with a busy board. I like to think of it as "thorough"