or Connect

Posts by lanielayne

After reading nj's_mom's entry, I also wanted to add that I too have been on the Dean's List both semesters and have a 4.0 so far. It can be done!
Congrats and good luck!
Hi Luna! We were in the March DDC together. I am taking my nursing pre-reqs as well. I can totally relate! I am in my second year - been taking things slow since Melora was so little when I started back - and up until yesterday (when dh lost his job), I was totally alone M-F trying to juggle all the parental duties and study. I am taking A&P, Chem plus 2 Chem labs, and Nutrition this semester. It's going to be a tough one. I would suggest you schedule time, preferably...
I am going into my second year. I have a 10, 8, 6, 3 and 1 yr old. It has been very tough but it is certainly doable. I have been taking online classes FT up until now. This semester starts my on-campus classes so it has been stressful setting up a sitter and getting that all worked out plus worrying about picking up the big kids from school, their homework, dinner, etc. I actually think it would be much easier with just the two littles. I schedule in time to study and I...
I'm taking: A&P I Chemistry An extra Chem lab for health professionals Nutrition I'm am going to have a stressful semester!
Oh, I can so relate to all of you. While my dh isn't in IT, he does have a job where he works 7a to 10p. He does have the weekends off but spends all his time doing other things we need done. This summer he is putting an engine in a truck we desperately need for his job(and the truck is in another town no less) so basically he has been MIA all summer. With 5 kids it has been very difficult for me. I also don't have any family or friends nearby and nowhere near enough money...
Thanks for the input, mks! I'll take a look.
My youngest is 14 months and still, even after 5 kids, I struggle with this daily. It drives me crazy that when dh comes home from work the house looks like I didn't lift a finger all day. While he would never say a thing about it, it bugs me to no end. I just try to resign myself to the fact that one day cleaning or getting XYZ done, will be all I have to do. My kids will have their own lives and I will be sad about it!
Digging up an old thread We are a family of seven living in 900 sq.ft. and I battle this constantly. My hubby is on the hoarding side too so it make things much more difficult. We have a boys box for their toys (mostly legos and blocks now that they are older) and a girls set of shelves with bins. I usually can keep this up pretty well. It has gotten better as time has gone on. My problem mostly is outdoor things like skates, skis, skateboards, etc. We rent so a lot of...
I have been taking my pre-reqs very slowly. Just finished my second semester FT online at a local college and before that it had been more than a decade since I had been in school. With 5 kids - 3 in elementary and 2 at home - it has been quite a struggle. Next semester I have A&P I and Microbiology which I am pretty concerned about. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do this summer to help me have an easier time? I have taken a medical transcription class that helped me...