or Connect

Posts by Teenytoona

Yeah, I've been on and off, even thought I left. There is still love between us, which makes it harder, but I cannot continue to live the way I had been, it was wearing on me. Ultimately, I had to leave because it is better for me, causing me to be a better parent for DD. And honestly, I think there will come a time in her life (probably teens) where she will be glad she has a separate house, a place a refuge from his new beliefs.   Sorry that you're having a hard...
HAM, I wondered about how things went with your DSS. I remain hopeful for you too. You know, you and PM are some of the moms I remember most from my early stepparenting posting days.   You're right, that it will pass. Eventually. It will be hard getting there, huh?
:hug Thanks PM   STBX has primary custody, so I've arranged that DD (he didn't disagree, so I guess he's ok with it) is with me on the weeks where the kids are with their mom for the weekend. That way they've got a full week together, and he gets a weekend to himself occassionally.   It has been a major change. It's been so tough, and I've tried to make it work. But I can't keep putting myself aside for his beliefs. I've been feeling so resentful of him for the...
Thanks PM. I'm pretty confident that the older DSD's will stay in contact. I mean they're across the country, so we don't see them much anymore, but I don't see them as being disconnected. Yeah, I do have a step-grandson, but we've never met them, due to the distance they live from us. Both the older girls are anywhere from annoyed to fed-up with his new beliefs and probably won't be shocked to know about it.   The younger ones, though, sigh. I've been in their lives...
Well, in spite of some of the good things that did exist in our relationship, I'm finally landing here. I've spent several years trying to think I can make a way for us to be in two totally opposite religions in the same household, and it's just, well I can't live like that anymore. (He converted to JW a few years ago, I'm a UU-Pagan). There have been too many deal breakers happening, too many times I've given second chances, and quite frankly I'm tired of the constant...
I can't seem to figure out the multireply, so, I want to thank you all for the suggestions, I'm getting right to them!
At this point, I don't want to tally up the reality. It's gotten really bad, esp since both DH and I are job hunting. My ideal is little to none, the reality is soo very far from that.
Anechka, I liked your comments, it is so true. We stay inside all the time, even though my ideal is to get outside. When you said teach your kids to walk on snow/ice, I had to laugh, I sure cannot teach her that. I've become my gramma on ice, and walk in those itty bitty shuffly i'm-gonna-fall steps. How does one walk on ice? I much prefer tromping through snow, I feel safer. It's embarassing to admit that, I'm only 35, but act on ice like I'm 40+ years older!   I...
I'm usually a WOHM, but have been laid off, and been spending some QT with my almost 3 year old (she'll be three at the end of Feb). She really is a pretty bright little girl (not that I didn't know that before, it's just since I'm spending more time with her, I'm feeling like I need to do more for her), and just soaks up everything she learns, and does so pretty well. She can already use both a regular and a trackball mouse, loves for me to write words so she can see...
The past few mornings I've been waking up with bumpy itchy hives all over me. They tend to dissappear after I've been awake for a few hours. My first thought it that it's the blankets I've been using or something on the blankets. So if I want to wash them, what's the best way to wash something that probably has an allergen? I don't believe it's the laundry detergent because I don't seem to have a problem with the hives except first thing in the morning, and my clothes...