or Connect

Posts by lactivist

Hey all! Long time since I have been around huh? I had to check in since our little ones are about to turn two. I have really missed you all. I am not sure what has kept me away other than the fact that my life is CRAZY! I am still working on my wedding planning certificate. Dahlia is crazy and talks up a storm. She talks in full sentences, non-stop. My grandbaby is now 9 months old and extremely sweet and very mobile. I won't go into all the details...
This was the thread I needed right now. I have often felt lazy over the years but then I see my kids and how they are as they get older and they are just amazing. I agree about kids being able to pick up interests that aren't so common. My 11yo has suddenly become a military history buff. He knows way more than I ever have about that topic and is reading and memorizing facts. He also loves math. He was my really late reader. He started really reading and ten and...
I am so excited for the new babies. Fridaxsky I am glad this one is staying put but hope he decides to make his appearance soon for your sake. Katie your belly is GORGEOUS! I just want to see your smiling face with that belly. I love Ikea. Most of our house is what we call "disposable" furniture. In other words it all comes form Ikea and is cheap so I don't freak out that there is Sharpie scribbles on our table. Mommajb wow on the 1/2 marathon. That is...
Surprise!!! I didn't drop off the face of the earth, even though it seems that way. I haven't read anything or caught up at all. I want to. My life has been crazy busy. I turned 40!! : I had a party and it was great. We had a bunch of out of town guests. I have started a certificate course for wedding planning and that is taking up a LOT of time. It is very intensive and I have been working really hard. It basically is all the steps one needs to start their...
I haven't really been following the thread. I really wanted to say Thank You to Tracy for this thread. Last year was the first year I did a map and there was definite movement in many areas. Some wasn't what I expected but when looking over my map I can see why things went wrong. I did my map last night and am so excited. I think I have a much better handle on it than I did last year and I feel it is much more intentional. Anyway, thanks for clueing me in to this...
His reaction is definitely delayed and that was another thing. I don't see how I could stay in the office long enough for them to see the reaction. It usually takes 2-4 hours to show up. I know she is going to say to try him on dairy and I am scared too. I am definitely not going to do it until he gets out of school in June. Thanks for the information. Wendi
I am so confused. All Eavan's RAST tests were negative. I am relieved but confused. I know he has reacted to dairy and we have kept him away from it for a long time. Hopefully he outgrew it. I have an appt with the allergist on friday to get my questions answered. I would love for him to be able to eat dairy again. : I am planning for his birthday tomorrow. I can't believe he is going to be four. We are having friends over for dinner tomorrow night and having a...
My son (4 tomorrow) has reacted to dairy since we started solids. He has been dairy free for several years with occasional exposures which always result in behavior changes and bright red eczema. His eczema started spreading and changing so we went to a pediatric allergist. We got a RAST test for dairy, soy, wheat, dog, dust mites, almonds and cocoa based on our history and his eating patterns. They were all negative. I am relieved and confused. I know I am not...
Come join us for the LLL Meeting on Monday. It is held at my house so just pm me for directions. Pregnant and nursing mamas as well as babies and children are welcome. Monday March 9th @ 10:00am in East Eugene. Wendi
My dd (youngest) started walking at 12 1/2 months. She started standing on her own and was walking within 2 weeks. It happened quickly. She has been wearing Smaller (by See Kai Run) shoes and they are great. They have two rubber spots that add traction but are soft like Robeez. I just bought her a pair of See Kai Run (she's 18 months now) because she needs a sole as she goes everywhere now. Wendi