or Connect

Posts by Shy0717

A little background about us.  DS will be 18 months old on the 21st and is VERY VERY spirited and strong willed.  He's very busy and is on the move almost the entire time he is awake.  He's perfectly capable of playing alone for long (30-45 min) periods of time and overall is an intelligent, loving and caring boy.  DH is currently deployed so its just ds and I and I work full time nights 3 nights a week.  The older ds has gotten the more I've struggled with wanting to...
We're here!!!  Isaac will be 18 months on the 21st and he is kicking my butt lol.  He's sooooo active I feel like I struggle to keep up.  He's had a huge language explosion over the past 2-3 weeks and its so wonderful to watch.  He definitely knows what he wants and is very vocal about it if he doesn't get his way.  We managed to get a bout of whooping cough so we're on the tail end of that.  Other than that life is great.  Hope everyone else is doing well
Keep pumping!! I work full time 3 nights a week out of the home and used to pump at home and at work. I cut down to just pumping at work months ago and now ds is 11 months and I've blown through my stash. Now I'm having to start up pumping at home to keep up with him. I say keep going
Here's my list. Boobs for feeding A good pump and bottles-I work outside of the home so this is the method of feeding I chose to use while I'm gone. Never interferred with bfing. Carseat of choice....love the convenience of a baby bucket but you can skip it if need to Bouncy seat/swing/exersaucer- there was no one there to hold ds while I showered or made food or *insert whatever activity here* so the bouncy seat saved my life. When he outgrew that it...
This was recommended to us by ds pediatrician who's pretty holistic and into more natural remedies. We use 2 capsules topically/day and it's helped a good amount with the inflammation. We also use a combination of olive oil (also has anti-inflammatory properties) and pure shea butter intermittently throughout the day (depending on how bad his flare ups are). The shea butter was recommended by a friend who deals with a good amount of allergies in all of her children. It...
I will have to try that. I finally was able to get ds ezcema under control after months and months of battling. I take fish/flax oil combo along with bathing ds once no more than twice a week. I also slather him religiously in pure shea butter several times a day. This has been the only thing that has worked for us after trying tons of things (including calendula cream, olive oil, etc). Also making sure I play close attention to what I'm eating and what he's eating as...
We are going to be doing a ton of traveling here in the next few months and I would like to purchase a convertible carseat specifically for traveling purposes. Here at home we use a Britax Marathon and a Graco MyRide...both would be a pita to lug around the airport. Any recommendations for convertible carseats that are light and safe and affordable???? DS is 18 lbs 13 oz and as of his 6 month checkup 27 inches long. He's going on 9 months now and I'm thinking he's...
Quote: Originally Posted by kismetbaby I just got a Maclaren triumph off of Craigslist and I love it! Will definitely be using it when we travel and for now its great in the trunk of the car--much easier to use on the go! Wasn't going to spend the $ for a new one, but was happy to get one used. I love how small it folds up and it "drives" nicely and even has a good size sun shade. Out of curiosity, what carseat did you decide on for traveling? We're...
This is one of the perks of living in the house you grew up in. All of the kids I babysat as a teen are now old enough to babysit (that's not to say I'd leave him with all of them if you kwim). One of the girls 2 houses down is 18 and about to graduate high school. She's very responsible and I trust her 100%. I've left ds, 9 months, with her probably 4 ish times? He only had one incident where he fussed and he came down with a bug the next day so I attribute it to...
This summer we are going to be doing TONS of traveling which means we'll be spending lots of time in the airport. I think I've got the carseat situation figured out but I really need a different stroller. We have the ginormous Graco stroller which is fine and dandy when we're home but I can only imagine the major pita it'd be traveling with (not to mention putting it in other people's cars). So my plan was to find a stroller that folded up quite small, preferrably...