or Connect

Posts by I Believe in Fairies

I'm not suprise, but it does sadden me. Now, in defense of medically needed circ - I have a friend who has two intact sons. One had to have a circ because he kept getting infections. She cried. He was seven or eight when it was done, and they had tried everything else and none had worked. I haven't bought Mothering in a very long time. I've found the magazine to be very negative in nature and rarely branches out to issues beyond the first year or two of life. Between...
Well, here it's illegal to leave you child in a car period. As for taking the baby, a gun would have done nicely to "open" a window and kill the dog and then baby would have been gone.
I would give a gift that would guarantee time and attention from you to them on a regular basis. Maybe a membership to a museum or something and a promise that once a month you'll take both of them out for the whole day. One one one time might be better, though. Like you take the sister one whole day, and the brother another whole day? That way, they can talk about things and not worry about hurting their parents (or siblings). It'd be great for your cousin too, since it...
My issue with them is that they are for right handed kids only. My DD is a lefty.
The focus comes with time. My daughter has done pretend play for a long time, but doing it for a long time is only starting to happen. We mostly checked out books from the library at that age. We have lots of open ended toys, art supplies and board games. Those three activities cover pre-reading skills, pre-writing skills and math. We go to a co-op Preschool twice a week, the library once a week and church. I have a pretty good daily and weekly rhythm going and that...
Quote: Originally posted by turquoise But when Sophie told Samson about her mom's rape, he looked like he didn't think it was true. weird. Maybe because it was Management who raped Appollona? If Samson knows that Management is Sophie's father, then knowing that Sophie was the product of rape would really shake Samson. No more "Management is alright". I love this show, but then again I have a weakness for 1) the Thirties 2) Freak Shows and 3)...
Hey, hey! I KNOW YOU ; D I was just looking at this thread to get ideas and send it to you. I do think that telling your children that Santa is not real could cause conflict with them and other families. Your kids will tell other kids and those kids will tell their parents and so on and so forth and there will be many tears shed, IMO. I have seen a good way to explain it to explain to children that while one family does something we (general we) do something else....
Okay, since we made the hop to teaching and kids - what do you all do with a prayer at night? I've really been struggling with this. I don't want to be too deity specific, I don't want it to be selfish either, nor do I want my DD weighed down with depressing thoughts of others. Can I say how nice it is to go to a church where "liberal" is not a dirty word? : D (We just started singing Do a Deer, so this song is great! THANKS !!)
I need to learn some more before I sign the book. I went to one service and was so at peace I just about cried with relief. The fellowship here is small, so there are no classes. Does anyone have a website or book that explains more about the UU fellowship? TIA!
Does anyone have a child that rejects any fantasy that they don't come up with? For example - my daughter likes Mr Rogers but is very quick to explain that most of the puppets are puppets and not real. I've never told her they were puppets, not has anyone else. I talk to her about unicorns or fairies and the like and she says they aren't real either. The Waldorf Mom in me is freaking out, but the AP Mom in me is going with the flow. I remember having such a strong...