or Connect

Posts by shuggie

We have indoor toys and outdoor toys. Any toy that would sustain serious damage if wet or covered in dirt does not go outdoors. So we have a lot of outdoor toys. My aunt got a plastic kitchen complete with dishes and all that at a tag sale, and it's an outdoor toy, for making mud pies. I periodically hose it down outside when you can't recognize it. It never comes inside. When the kids are outside, I expect them to dig in the dirt and be able to bang things around. I just...
My almost-three loves picture books that were probably meant for older children. There seems to be such a limited number of toddler board books at our local library, so we just started taking out regular picture books. My child loves to read about older children; books on tape are also much loved. We have a kids' tape player, and the fun of "playing" books instead of just having Mom read them is really exciting. They generally have actors read the books on tape, and they...
Hi there, I am seriously considering homeschooling my two children. I really love the idea and am excited about it. In fact, I'm not sure who will have more fun, me or the kids! However, I currently work six hours a week part time, and will probably have to work up to twenty hours a week within a few years, as we cannot keep going financially unless I start working more once the children are bigger. My question is, will it be possible for me to homeschool once I have to...