or Connect

Posts by didkisa

I've enjoyed reading the responses here and hope someone can give me a little insight, too. My mother died during her 37th year of life. That's weighing heavily on my mind this year as I'm at that age now (had to have emergency surgery to remove my gall bladder earlier this year). Do I have anything to worry about health-wise for myself or can I finally sit back and relax? Also, am I ever going to own my own restaurant or other type of business? Thanks in advance!
Quote: Originally Posted by mata The invitation serves as an announcement. The hosts may realize out of staters will probably not attend, but want to announce the event and let people know they're thinking of including them in what is a very happy, special occasion.
Quote: Originally Posted by mamadelbosque (2 hour nap @2ish, bedtime at 8:30-9ish, wake up 7:30ish), but thats gone totally out the window for easter. We went and stayed with DH's grandparents so DS's been up till 10ish the last 3 nights... and today I layed him down for a "nap" at 3ish... and hes STILL ASLEEP!! At this point, I really wish I'd have woke him up about 3 hours ago... but don't dare do so now, so we'll see what tonights like. :shiver:...
I forgot to add: at her 2 year check up she was 21# 1 oz, 32" tall, and still has a big head! LOL She's now fitting into 18-month clothing well (just recently) and it'll probably be awhile until she's wearing 2T--end of summer maybe. Also, we haven't really started potty learning yet. One of her favorite books is "The Potty Book for Girls", though, and she often will go in a sit on her potty when mommy does. I'm not pushing it b/c I don't want to stress either of us out....
Yay, we have a thread again!!! So good to hear from some of you!!! Quick update from me: DD started sleeping through the night (finally!!!!!!!!!!!!) at 23 mos. Before that she would sleep a stretch about one night out of 10-15. Not sure if it just happened naturally or b/c I had to have emergency surgery (gall bladder) and couldn't take care of her/nurse her during the night for over a week. (yup, had to pump and dump for a day) Don't care how it happened, just glad that...
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! We're really in no hurry to turn her around, so this is reassuring.
The problem is we can't move the driver's seat back far enough to accommodate my DH's long legs. The car seat is too big. Do you not have that problem?
Oh, I just saw what MsElle07 said about housing prices, and she's soooo right! You won't find a decent house in a decent neighborhood, even in this buyers' market, for less than $350k.(this close to DC, I mean!) The DUMP across the street from me (VERY different from our house, and no garage!) is on the market for $420K. Needs some major work on it--it's a foreclosure home.
I haven't read every post, but I agree a lot with MsElle07 (hi!!! How's your little one doing? Two already, hard to believe!!) OK, back to our regularly scheduled post...lol I live in Derwood, which is between Rockville and Gaithersburg and LOVE this location. We are a hop, skip, and a jump away from 370 (that leads to 270, that leads to everything) and also semi-walking distance to the metro. My DH takes the metro to DC and either rides his bike, drives his scooter,...
Our scenario: Our daughter will be two next month and is on the cusp of 20#. Once she has hit the 20# mark with no chance of dipping we will have a decision to make: whether to turn her seat around or not. We'd probably prefer to keep her rear-facing as long as possible, except for one thing--it means her car seat has to be on the right side of the back seat, behind the front passenger seat. We have a Prius with side air bags. We have a Britax Marathon convertible,...