or Connect

Posts by didkisa

I guess I would probably instill a policy (for future customers) that if the gift card is returned for a refund there is a 15% restocking fee or whatever...that the buy back would be less than the face value by some percentage. And make that policy clearly known to all gift card buyers.
Jaimee, I do think it's worth a shot to try the book for your DD. Not only did it help me to get her to eat, but it also got me to understand my role in her not eating. When I stopped trying so hard to get her to eat and I stopped having any kind of reaction to her not eating, making a mess, etc., she started eating much better. It is pricey, but worth it--it helped us. I haven't looked at all the other materials you get with it yet, but the book was a very quick read....
Thanks, Llyra...I started your suggestions, along with a link from this page for a book to help get DD to eat, and it's all working!!! She's not only eating better, but she's eating new foods, too. I've stopped reacting to her eating and mess and that has helped so much. Tree-in-the-hole: I used to do as you suggested and took the same view (they have very little control over their lives...), but it wasn't working for us. This book I read recently, "Food Sense" by Dana...
I'm at my wits end. She is so unbelievably unpredictable in what she'll eat and when. She has a fairly broad palate (or at least used to) and would be willing to eat anything. But it really seems like a control thing for her. I don't know how to put it. I know she's really hungry and it definitely shows in her behavior. Just now I tried giving her one of her favorite foods (and she's saying "eat! eat!") and she won't eat it or any of the other hundred things I'm offering....
I allow twiddling...to an extent. If she starts to pick at my nipple with her fingernails I put an end to that very quickly. Twiddling does help with my letdown sometimes. I find that she "picks" and hurts me only when she's teething/hurting. All other times she's very gentle and caressing, so I don't mind at all.
I haven't read all the responses, so don't know if anyone has suggested it yet...I HIGHLY recommend the book, "Sleepless in America. Is Your Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?" You said he isn't sleeping well...this could be the culprit behind his behavior. I'm reading this book right now and it is AWESOME!!! You seriously need to read it. I know it's very hard to get motivated to read something when you're exhausted and at your wits' end, but once you start reading it...
The biggest regretted purchase was/is 1/3 of an acre of land that we intended to build a strawbale house on. Still trying to sell it after 3 or 4 years on the market. : We'll probably own it till we die! Would sure love to have that money to buy a house with!
I would've kept in better contact with my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. I would've asked my grandparents stories about my mother growing up (and about me as a baby) and wrote it all down. I would've treated them better when I lived with them for two years. A few months ago I saw them for the first time in 12 years. My grandmother has dementia and alzheimers now and doesn't know me. They all live many states away from me and I don't know when I'll get to see them...
I've done that, too! So annoying. I turned it on later, but it didn't taste very good. Another helpful hint: rremember to add the seasonings/spices. It does not work to add them right before serving! Bleh.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sagesgirl Good to hear! I cannot imagine under what circumstances it'd be appropriate to make a snarky comment about/to a customer like that! Regardless of the subject. Agreed. Just unbelievable that someone thought it would be appropriate to say such a thing. I hope she lost some pay over that and learned a lesson--and realized how WRONG she was!