or Connect

Posts by didkisa

That's infuriating, but also absolutely ridiculous and laughable. After all, that would mean a lactating woman couldn't even enter the restaurant b/c she'd be bringing the "outside food" with her. I would've talked to the manager and told off the waitress (after laughing at her for her ignorance and making sure she felt really stupid for such a comment...of course, if she were kidding, that would be a different story)
Quote: Originally Posted by ramama Oh, I would pay for it (probably), but that doesn't mean that it's "right." I just see it as pretentious and materialistic to worry about what the outside of the car looks like at all times (and by extension, how it looks to other people, since we don't see the outside of our car when driving). It's just show-off-ish. It just rubs me the wrong way, and probably just me. No biggie. I'll just say that I've had...
Just call me Scrooge when it comes to my family. : They (parents, brother) never appreciate what I get them, so this year I've decided I probably won't get them anything. They don't get us anything, so I won't feel too bad about it. I've got a running list (in my head) of items I discovered my MIL needs while we were visiting her recently for 3 weeks: can opener, ceiling fan pulls, lids that seal onto any kind of tupperware/bowl ("as seen on TV"), and as a joke:...
Jo!! Wow, that is so frustrating!! Even my family, which I have a hard time getting along with, was awesome about baby-proofing and putting DD's needs first! Is it perhaps b/c they aren't used to being around a toddler anymore? Is there somewhere else you can stay for the rest of your trip? Geez, that DOES sound so stressful! I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. You came a long way, the least they can do is make your stay easier and more comfortable...if not for...
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...4#post12331404
It's time to come out of the shadows, March 07 mamas!! No more hiding! Give us some updates, and if you're new to the group, introduce yourself! As for me and DD, we have returned home from our 3-week visit to grammy's house (MIL). We had a nice time and got along pretty well--much better than with my family, where we can only handle very small doses of each other! DD seemed to "blossom" while we were there. Talking more, new tricks, and a new brand of tantrum (ugh)...
Once you have bangs (esp. on young girls), the harder it is to get away from them...at least that's my experience. And why my DD (who's still pretty bald! ) won't have 'em. How 'bout a layered look?
It says the average monthly after-tax income needed for two adults and one child is $3120. We spend about $3300, but I know a family of three could live on less, but would have a lot less "frills" like replacing worn out appliances, furniture, eating out, new clothes, etc. But it could be done on the $ amount they gave. I just wouldn't want to have to do it. **Their housing figure is only $1225. No way is that accurate--not even 5 years ago! Our rent is $2200, but I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Astromom it must just be that you're a hard act to follow. : Quote: Originally Posted by Astromom Anyone else still nursing? Ooooh, yeah, quite a bit. If she weren't, I think she'd starve. She's already off the percentile (less than 5%) for weight b/c when her teeth are really hurting she doesn't eat much at all. Weaning is far from our minds right now and I'm OK with that. I think I...
Quote: Originally Posted by SevenVeils Are people honestly this fearful of other people? The OP expressly said that she lives in a nice neighborhood. So, to those of you who are afraid to go knock on your neighbor's doors, what do you do if you accidentally get a piece of mail that is addressed to a neighbor? If I know the neighbor I will give it to them (our entire stack of mail for a day was put in our neighbor's mailbox once and she...