or Connect

Posts by didkisa

This wasn't my DD, but my friend's, who is 22 mos old. She recently weaned and hadn't asked for "mama" (what she calls nursing) for a couple weeks, but asked for it the other night. My friend told her, "Mama all gone." She said, "Mommy go store, buy more mama?"
Having stayed with 74 host families through the course of one year (in the U.S. and Europe), I almost always remade the bed, unless they specifically asked me to strip it. It takes almost no time to strip a bed, and like a PP pointed out, it keeps the room looking tidy until the host is ready to mess with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Astromom Cute story I had to share with y'all DS got into my DD's bath toys and found a little seahorse and said "gah-key gah-key" (ducky) and I said "No, seahorse" and he started whinny-ing. Heehee. I love this age!!! Awww, that's cute! I can't wait till DD starts talking!
Jo, that video is sooo cute! It's really funny towards the end when she's anticipating it and wiggling her fingers! Such a sweetie! In another of your videos she's reading an "Animals" book. What is the name and author? I'm wanting to get a good book of a variety of animals--real pictures, not drawings--for Miranda. I love the "karoake" video of Miles! And he says broccoli! Miranda loves broccoli, too. Sometimes it's the only thing she'll eat! He is so cute; I don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by meganmarie Oh, heck. Why didn't they just write a sign that says: "dear nursing mamas: we are in dire need of a smack-down, so please hold your nurse-in outside our cafe as soon as possible" Seriously, if I were you I'd gather up my local LLL chapter and have the next meeting right there. :::::n ak: : Now if that's not a roll-out-the-red-carpet open invitation for a nurse-in, I don't know what is!! More...
I've changed the title to include the next two months, too! Jo, that is soooo cute how Ruby is able to not only talk, but explain to you what is bothering her instead of just crying and making you guess!! That's so awesome! Like I've said before, she's the child prodigy of our group! Better sign her up for piano lessons soon! Becca, I hope you're feeling better today! I can really relate. Some days I just start spiraling downward as I think of all the things I want and...
Dear Stepdad, You are a control FREAK!!! You want to control every.single.person in your life, especially me and my dad, your partner. I'm sick and tired of the little tantrums you throw when you don't get your way or when 'I' don't do what you want. You, and only you, are the sole reason I (and my daughter) do not have a relationship with my father. You don't allow us to have a single moment together WITHOUT your presence. You are also the main reason why I moved...
Dear Charles Dooley, whoever you are, Pay your d@mn bills so the creditors stop calling and harrassing ME at all hours! : Sincerely, the lady with your old phone number
Quote: Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie My neighbor took him this morning for a couple of hours after I screamed at him, and when she dropped him off she informed me that he is "controlling me", and that she didn't let him "control" her while he was over there. I have no idea what that means, but I really am hesitant to have him go over there again. Oh, and she fed him Crystal Light too. : Gah, you can't win some days. Grr! : I hate it when...
Thanks! I was able to research it online and saw some pictures. Not sure if that's what it is since it's white, but I'm going to take her to the dr today to check it out.