or Connect

Posts by didkisa

I feel like I could've written your post, and I'm NOT a single mother! I can only imagine how hard it is for you as I already feel like I never get a break (we only see DH about 10 minutes each morning Mon-Fri, and I have a very high-needs child). DD is also teething pretty badly right now (the ped says some kids cry nonstop for two years while teething...that's my DD), so I totally relate to that, too. Do you have anyone that can come help you? Family? Friends? Can...
DD has been teething like mad...she's getting her 1st molars and just popped her second one. Or at least I thought she did. However, tonight when she was screaming I got a better look at it and it was darker than her other teeth, like a dirty white. I reached in to feel it and it's completely soft. Is this the tooth (it's exactly where her molar should be) or is it some kind of growth or sore? Anyone with any experience with this? There are two "bumps". Oh, and the bigger...
I was born with a cleft palate, so it wasn't an option (in 1973). However, my dad told me recently that my mother never intended to breastfeed me anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND Other than that, it's just been positive comments or people not noticing at all except to say, at the end of the flight, "Oh, I didnt' even realize there was a baby on board. She was so good!" (because we all know crying babies are "bad") Me, too!
Mine's still up (check my siggy) and she's a year old in it.
I've read that that is only an issue when you have no history of riding in a vehicle rear facing, so I'd say no, that's not the cause. Look for a pattern.
Well, when it comes to sleep, you can't gauge what's "normal" by what DD does, but she tends to have a 1.5 - 2 hour nap somewhere between 10 am and 1 pm, and that's it! That's on good days; otherwise it's one or two 30-45 minute nap(s). She rarely sleeps in the afternoon and goes to bed between 7 and 7:30. She gets up for the day between 5 and 5:30, with lots of waking at night when she's teething (virtually nonstop these days). We definitely still have our top of stairs...
I voted no, too, of course! Didn't know it was actually illegal to NIP in MA!! Ugh!
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Reminds me that I shouldn't take it for granted--goes by too fast! We need to enjoy every moment!
Quote: Originally Posted by MilkTrance I want to be the type of grandmother that I think my mother would have been. :