or Connect

Posts by CallMeMommy

Unless you're living somewhere where they still use the oral polio vaccine, that's not true.  The injected polio is an inactivated virus.
I have 3 and my MIL has told us more than once "No more!"  Makes me want to get pregnant again just to spite her.  She also reamed DH up one side and down the other when we told her about #3.  She thought it was an accident and berated him for not using protection.  Except it was planned, and protection kinda makes that difficult.   I just told her "Well, we're not planning anymore, but nothing permanent has been done yet."  That's actually my standard reply when...

Add me to the "25 degree is spring!" and "My DCP doesn't shove my 2-year-old out to play, she's shoving him back inside!" camps.  If the temp is above 0 here, they're outside.  And loving it.  He's got the cold-weather-runny-nose and rosy cheeks but he's happy as a clam.    As for the note, seeing as I'm a parent who always sends weather-appropriate clothes with my kid, I see nothing wrong with it.  If I wasn't one of those parents, I'd probably be offended (truth...
Well, I'm LOVING the Puck/Zizes relationship.  It's so completely out of character for him, and the way he moons over her just cracks me up.   How is Brittany not pregnant yet?  Thinking the stork actually brings babies? 
My mom had a Paraguard in when she got pregnant with my little sister.  In my mom's case they decided to leave it in, and my sister was born healthy (though 6 weeks early) without any problems.  Just an anecdote for you.  I have an IUD, also, but I got the Mirena, and part of the reason was my mom's experience.
With DS1 I weaned him at 17 months, just because I figured he was old enough.  Stupid.  Even worse, it was November - right at cold and flu season!   With DS2, I weaned him at 19 months because I was pregnant and nursing was making my skin crawl.  I couldn't stand it.  I wanted to go longer, but couldn't do it.  Luckily he didn't seem to phased by it.   DS3 is 6 months old and we have no babies planned in the future, so I'm shooting for 2 years minimum, longer if...
All I got is a science teacher in 11th grade who had served in the Peace Corps and loved to tell stories about it.  It was so easy to get him completely off-task by asking him about his time in Africa.  He'd use up the whole class time talking about it.  Even showed us slides one time.
That was an awesome story!  I, too, laughed out loud at some parts!  So how big was she?  She looks nice and healthy in those pictures!  And you look radiant, my dear!   Nevermind about her weight!  Read the whole thread, Lisa, and you'll find your answers...
Subbing, just because I'm glad it's not only my kid!  I could have written your post word-for-word.  The rudeness, not doing his work, whining, fighting.  At first I think the school was content with just dealing with it on their own, but his teacher emailed me a couple of weeks ago letting me know the full extent of what was going on.  Since then he's been losing privileges at home if he's misbehaved at school, and getting a reward if he's been good (usually playing a...