or Connect

Posts by CallMeMommy

He did qualify for the IEP using OHI!  He almost qualified just on behavior alone but one of the teachers who filled out the evaluation had only had him in class for a couple of weeks and he hadn't been acting out for her like he does the rest of his teachers.  If he didn't qualify with OHI I would have pushed for another observation.  I'm still waiting for the written report that I have to sign, so he's not getting any services yet, but it hasn't even been a week yet...
This could go in the schooling forum, but I thought I'd get better advice from the SN forum.  I'm still pretty new at this, DS just got approved for an IEP last week for his ADHD and behavior at school (it's actually not even in place yet, the 2 weeks to get the plan written up hasn't transpired yet and I haven't been able to sign anything).  DS has always had behavior problems at school, from verbally harassing other kids to mouthing off at teachers, not doing his work,...
I have a scanner on my Android phone, never thought of listening to LA!  LOL, I'll have to try that!   Like I said, I have an Android so I'm not sure how the iTunes site is set up, but the Android site has a listing of the top 100 free apps and top 100 paid.  I usually look through those every once in a while and see if anything interesting shows up.  My votes are:   Kindle app Angry Birds Words With Friends/Hanging With Friends AllRecipes Dinner Spinner
Little nothing-update, our next meeting to go over all the test results is March 9th.  He had conferences last week and his teacher said that she doesn't think he's going to qualify for an IEP diagnosis just by what she's been seeing, but she's already talking with the coordinator about implementing other strategies (like being able to leave the classroom when he has a meltdown, stuff like that).  But he has an ADD diagnosis already so I'm not sure why that wouldn't be...
Wow, I checked out that lyme disease link and he's got at least 1 symptom out of every category they have listed.  And he spends a ton of time outdoors during the summer.  I'm supposed to go give an update to his doctor today (I work at the clinic) and I'll ask about that.  We're going to see if he can get into see a rheumatologist at Mayo any faster than he can here, too.  And I think I'm just going to start incorporating a more anti-inflammatory diet into our lives,...
I did message her through FB (and I apologized for that right off the bat!).  First I checked to make sure her stepfather really was the man I was thinking of.  When she confirmed that I said he was my stepfather at one point in time also, that IMO she shouldn't leave her kids alone with him, and that if she wanted more information to let me know (leaving the ball in her court as to whether or not she even wanted to go there).  She did want more info, so I told her the...
The man in question is my ex stepfather, and her current step father.  I've never met her in person, we have different drop-off and pickup times at daycare, so I don't think I'd be able to do it in person.  I'm not even sure I'd know her if I saw her.
Obligatory warning about possible abuse triggers.   So I found out that the mother of a couple of kids who go to my kids' daycare is the stepdaughter of my ex-stepfather (so he was married to my mom, they got divorced, he married another woman, and this is her daughter).  This man is also the same one that molested my little sister and was pretty questionable with me.  I feel obligated to let this person know about it, since she has two daughters, but how?  I've...
I'm still looking for a way to back-carry in the MN winter without having to buy a whole new jacket.
He just had a followup yesterday after having a new round of bloodwork done, and the doc thinks it's a post viral arthritis from the influenza-like illness he had last month.  His blood is still showing inflammation.  He did give him a referral to the rheumatologist, but he can't get in until May.  In the meantime he gave him a prednisone taper and prescription-strength Aleve.  I wasn't too hopeful with the pred since it didn't work last time but it seems like it's...