or Connect

Posts by CallMeMommy

I'm just done.  We're happy with 3.  The day after DS2 was born I knew I wanted another one, but 16 months after DS3 was born I don't have that "I want a baby!" feeling.  I can even hold my 6-month-old niece without baby lust.  So maybe our minds will change in a few years, which is why we're making no permanent decisions, but I think we're just done.  Three boys is good.
Just an update, it is better.  The pain is gone, the redness is down to a pale pink and clearing up every day, and the mass is shrinking.  It's still there, but it's a little bigger than a pea as opposed to a shooter marble :)  And there's still milk on that side, I think the supply took a hit in the two days I wasn't able to pump or nurse but I didn't dry up completely, so that's good.
Mine's the 22nd.  My parents always did a really good job of separating birthday from Christmas.  They never combined gifts (unless I asked, of course!  Comes in handy for those bigger gifts!).  My sister's is the 11th and we'd usually do a combined party since we shared a lot of friends, we're only 11 months apart.
could you see my thread in Breastfeeding Challenges?  http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1339891/abscess
Or something.  They're not quite sure what it is, and I want some opinions.  I'd been dealing with a milk bleb for a couple of months, then last Sunday I developed mastitis and a mass.  The one doc I saw thought the mass was from engorgement so just started me on an antiobitic and told me to watch it.  24 hours later and I was still having a fever and shaking chills so I went back in, and they switched up my antibiotic and told me to call OB in the morning to have them...
Ugh, when DS was in an after-school program I'd have to pick him up afterwards, and there'd be a line of cars.  No biggie, wait your turn, or if you see your kid outside wave him over to get in.  Except some people would see their kid waiting outside, *drive around the line*, stop, and yell for their kid to come over and get in the car.  Meanwhile, all of the cars they drove around are stuck in line because dumb@ss is parked in the middle of the lot and nobody can get...
Ask to see *in writing* where it says immunizations are a requirement for benefits.  WIC tries to pull this, too, but there is no requirement.  Usually when they want the vax card, they want it as a form of identification.  Get a vax card, put your kid's info on it, and just leave the shot area blank.
I talked with his teacher.  I really like her, can I just say that?  She said for a teacher to take the reins and push for a formal intervention it takes forever.  She'd have to attempt 3 behavior interventions, have them all fail, then ask for testing, which could take upwards of 12 weeks, so it'd be beginning of 3rd grade before anything is in place.  And she's already on the 2nd behavior intervention (with my knowledge, of course, she hasn't done anything behind my...
OMG Emmeline you are a font of knowledge, do you know that?  Yes, my DS has already been tested by the district and has a formal diagnosis of ADHD by his pediatrician but doesn't have an IEP or 504.  I'm going to pore over those links you posted.  You have no idea how much it means to me to know that my kid isn't the only one acting like this!   In the meantime, I was able to talk to DS last night about what's been going on, and he said the reason he's rushing...
Ugh, we're at a loss with my 7-year-old son and I don't know what to do.  He's "that" kid at school - the mouthy one, the mean one, you all know what I'm talking about.  He's a very smart kid, he was tested through the district last year and scored at the high end for all of the areas.  The counselor told me she'd consider him one of the brighter kids in his grade.  You wouldn't know it by his everyday work, though.  His teacher just told me he's on level for reading and...