or Connect

Posts by WarriorMama

Hello mamas, I have decided to pack up my van and move myself and my dd from or dinky little small town to Seattle. One problem is where to take dd while I work (as I most definately will have to). If anyone can lay down ANY information regarding Montessori schools, preschools or daycares in Seattle (doesn't matter what part of Seattle at this point)...what schools are worthy, which are definately not...price...availability...Any and all information will be...
I make so little money it's a wonder we survive, but we do. I work part time and I think that this year my income may top off somewhere around $15,000!! EEEK! Needless to say I am resourceful and creative. My dd and I share a one bedroom apartment...and all of our clothes (though very very hip) are from thrift stores. It sucks sometimes being poor, but for me life would be unbearable if I had to work so much that I rarely saw my dd, and never had time for...
I recently started taking Paxil. I have always had a problem with depression (runs in the family...my mother and her mother have chronic depression) but medication in my family was not an option. My dad seemed to think that taking medication for depression was equal to smoking crack or drinking to deal with depression. When I was in high school I had a therapist who told my parents that I would do better with the help of medication...my father said no, and that was the...
New here! I am the "girl who loved books", and of course am always interested in what others are reading. My current reads are: The color of water by James McBride Bald in the Land of Big Hair by Joni Rodgers. A memoir about a woman's battle with lymphonoid cancer. And just finished reading Stupid White Men by Michael Moore...I can not give enough praise for this book!!
We have a tv but the only channel that we get in is PBS (when it feels like it), so we only watch videos. How much is watched varies from day to day. Sometimes dd will go days without watching anything...but on average she watches about an hour a day. During the week she can only watch "educational" videos (blues clues, bear in the big blue house, arthur, seasme street), and during the weekend she is allowed to watch some of her favorite movies.
My dd as of late seems very stressed out. I can't pinpoint what exactly it is that is stressing her out...could be that she has moved up with the older children in her daycare and hasn't adjusted; could be that I have been a bit depressed lately (something that I am trying to handle); could be a whole assortment of things. As of late though she has been seemingly deaf unless you are saying something that she wants to hear; after being completely potty trained and...