or Connect

Posts by WendyC

I just read through the twilight books for the second time and I am feeling the exact same way. (but too embarassed to admit it to my friends... eek, Hi my name is Wendy and I love a teenage romance vampire book - who am I??) But!!! I can second the suggestions for the Outlander series, except I would suggest quitting them after Drums of Autumn... I know, blasphemy - but I just couldn't get through the one after that, or the one after that one.. I also second Time...
Quote: Originally Posted by Apple Girl Well, we certainly do learn by every difficult thing we go through. I just saw SO MUCH heartbreak at the end that I didn't think the lesson would be worth it. I don't think the OP will die or anything, I just thought she was expecting bliss, and I wanted to tell her, no Nirvana here. Now there is an interesting question to ponder - is the pain at the end worth the journey? I normally would face the fire...
Thanks guys for the honest answer! I couldn't get the multi-quote to work, or I would have quoted you - basically you said 'don't go there!' And I won't. I meditated on this question yesterday and came out with 'follow your path step by step and the way will become illumiated as you keep moving forward' Good advice, I just couldn't get what my guide/high self was *really* saying... Sending love and light to you and yours -
I would love to pop in here - if thats ok.... My mind/body/soul have been buzzing with the excitment of a new possibility on the horizon. This new possibility is potientially disasterous or potientially mindblowingly fantastic.... and the potiential is dependent on what some other people - I would like to be involved - feel. But the act of finding out what they feel opens me up to getting hurt. Any thoughts on how this whole thing will shake out? Should I forget it and...
So I went all the way up with Landmark to the leadership program and I while I do have issues with some of the stuff and the way things are done, I don't have a beef with the actual content of the seminars. (I say that for the record) The leader wasn't helping you or calling on you on purpose. The program works best when initiated soley within the being of the participant. If she has helped your or held your hand your expeience would not have been organic. You seem to...
Hi - I thought I would post with my story to give some encouragement. I was 165 and 5ft tall when I decided enough was enough. I went with the Protien Power plan http://www.proteinpower.com/ which tells you to go by the effective carb count of total carbs minus the fiber and starts you either at 30 carbs a day or 55 carbs a day. I started at 30. It was HARD. It was a HUGE change for me. I was totally addicted to the white stuff - my father is a type 1 diabetic, so I...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigeyes I can't tell...but I feel like you're getting out of something that made you feel trapped, which is good. My original question was am i doing the right thing (or i think i said - i am going into the right field) by starting a new career - i just wanted to let you know - you were right on! I am feeling very trapped right now. I am at home with the kids and have been for 4 years and am miserable. I keep at it...
I am about to jump into a new career - is this the right career to jump into? Thanks for any advice!!!!
Hello all - I didn't post in the thread, but I have been following along and treasure mapping this weekend as well. So today, I was at the gym with my friend and we are on our little machines and I tell her about my treasure map and whatnot. A big part of my map is a big overhaul of how we make money - instead of staying at the cushy job that dh has he wants to leave to start his own business, and I really want to start up a new career this year too. So I am explaining...
We are taking the kids and going to Yellowstone this summer! I am over the moon about our adventure - but I have a little fashionista who isn't interested in wearing sensible shoes. Now, bear with me - laugh at me if you must... but as a Texan down here in the burning sweltering heat I don't have a clue as to what would be appropriate footwear for her. I will gladly strap on my old dusty hiking boots (its too hot for those here - I usually just hike in my keens) She...