or Connect

Posts by WendyC

I would put in into something we both could share as a treat - like vacation savings, date night savings, manscaping and spa day savings... etc.. etc... but I have our accounts set up with a million different catagories that I fund every paycheck - so seeing the vacation $$ go up or the christmas $$ go up would make me really happy. We also share a clothes fund - which it would probably go into there too.
So I am doing the same thing, except I am going the drastic route. We bought a 2004 Caravan last year and the gas is killing me. Luckily we own it outright, so there is no money lost on us trading it in. Strangely though the car I want to trade it in for, a 2000 - 2001 Honda Civic HX - costs more than the van! How did that happen?? Yikes. Its worth it though right?
I'm a currency day trader - its been a very profitable time for me. But I deal in the differences in the third and fourth decimal point of the prices (called pips) which is on a micro-scale, where as you are talking about the macro-differences, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I would encourage you to use those Euros now, because the talk on the trader boards is that Europe (at least southern Europe) has gotten themselves into the same kinda mess as we did with...
I just opened up at Scottrade. I have very little idea if they are going to be good or not. I looked at the different online comparision sites and while there isn't too much difference between them all, Scottrade fit my purposes because i wanted to open one cash account for less than $1000 (500 is their limit) and I didn't want to pay any fees for having an IRA there. So far so good - I am still not done transferring over my accounts so I haven't been able to make any...
A long time ago I remember reading on here a joke that someone played where you got a letter in the mail saying "Congratulations! You are the new owner of a monkey!" and then it went on saying all the things you needed to do to prepare for your new arrival. It was freaken hilarious. I did all sorts of searches to find it, but no luck. Anyone remember that? Anyone have better search skills than I do? Help! Help! I need a monkey fix!
I am just working with currency trading - which has LOADS of free 'demo' accounts to practice on. I don't know about stocks, I didn't see anything - but that doesn't mean it doesn't exsist. For the record, I downloaded the software from fxcm.com and I like it. A lot of forex people love the Oanda.com site for real trading, but the demo isn't too great. Also interbankfx has a demo that a lot of people use. Its great practice for learning technical analysis. Good luck...
Quote: Originally Posted by traycanadian Hope you don't mind if I sub to your thread! I'm interested too. I keep seeing infomercials and ads for services like Investools and wonder if anyone uses them successfully or does it on their own. From what I have learned - generally speaking those informercial ads for programs don't work mainly because they cut out the most important part of trading which is human emotion. Which is something that can't...
So I got a couple of books at the library that I have been reading that have been excellent and helpful for all types of trading. They were highly reccomended from a couple of forex forums. http://www.amazon.com/Trading-Living...441857&sr=1-16 http://www.amazon.com/Trade-Your-Way...1442178&sr=1-1 The more I read the more I think psychologically speaking this field is a really good match for me because I can maintain unattachment from loosing and am not going...
I am looking into trading on the forex. This may be unbelievably nieve - but seems like if you put the work in, study, put a bunch of time in on the free trial 'fake money' programs, then surely you can make something. However from what I am learning, the forex is unmoderated and there are abundant scams and traps out there to avoid, not to mention you have to very carefully manage your money once you do turn a profit. Seems like a perfect thing for a SAHM to do. I am...
I try to make a very concerted effort to buy *good* toys made of renewable resources. Boycotting China seems to be kinda pointless at this point though I do buy American when I can. As for the saftey issue, it is my understanding that if the item is approved for sale in the European Union, it will have a little CE on the back. Since the EU has much higher safety standards than the US,I use that as my benchmark of a toy that was made with more oversight and care.