or Connect

Posts by Moya

Quote: Originally Posted by starburn You can if you define your group effectively. Ah, now you're just making stuff up. That statement contradicts what geneticists have determined - which is that no such group exists. But okay, go ahead. Give me a genetic description detailing the mutations that make a person European. How can you effectively determine, from looking only at the genome, which people are "European"? Of course it can't be...
Wow, did you miss the point. You'll need to bone up on your genetics. Your link didn't back your statement at all. You can not differentiate human populations into subgroups such as "European" based on genetics. If you had DNA samples from every human being on Earth there is no way you could determine the "Europeans" from anyone else. Any sane geneticist will tell you that. And it's not that they don't have the techniques to do it - it can't be done. As far as...
Quote: Originally Posted by starburn Since Europeans are genetically pretty homogeneous... Betcha can't back that up. The vast majority of human genetic diversity occurs within groups, not between them. It has quite a bit to do with the fact that humans left the mixing pot of Africa only relatively recently. Even the genomes of the aboriginal Australians contain the majority of existing human genetic diversity. Most geneticists will...
Where did she get the shots? Butt, legs? All sorts of stuff can get into the nervous system through injections. And the problems typically start in the legs when the shot is given in the hind quarters. Keep a close eye on her. I also wanted to vote for the 'there's no such thing as a normal reaction'. The only reaction a vaccine is supposed to cause is an immune reaction. Side effects are typical or frequent but they're not normal. Normal is your daughter being...
Good for you.
I just wanted to add that I wasn't trying to discourage you from using the medication. I'm curious about the science of it since I think your doctor got caught in a simplification. If large molecular weight objects such as viruses can pass into breast milk through whatever mechanism, yet the much smaller 22kd interferon can not pass into the breast milk by that same (viral) mechanism, then the reason can not possibly be because 22kd is too big. It has to be because of...
Quote: Originally Posted by klothos uhhh, no. if you're not vaccinated, and you're exposed to the disease, it is highly likely you will contract the disease and get very sick. Let's be scientific about responding to this statement by looking at a specific example. I'll keep the exact words and include a specific pathogen and it's disease in parenthesis. Quote: uhhh, no. if you're not vaccinated (against polio), and you're...
I think they might also replay Monday night at 10PM. But I'm not positive about that.
I couldn't vote - I like them all.
22 kd is still a pretty small protein. I can't believe that it won't pass into breast milk because of its size. Is that really true? And please forgive me because this isn't my area of expertise. But I've read that ovalbumin can be passed through breastmilk and that protein is 43,500 daltons in molecular weight. The HA receptor of the measles virus is 74,000 daltons and yet the entire measles virus can be passed through breast milk. Cytomegalovirus is another virus...