or Connect

Posts by Moya

Well, let's find out what the actual wording is. If the warning is listed as a contraindication then that means that they've got evidence of a harmful association. But I agree with you that a lot of these warnings are general precautions. They usually say something like "this medication has not been tested for use during pregnancy. Consult a physician if you are pregnant and considering using this medication." So I totally agree with you on that point. But without...
Is that molecular weight 22,000 daltons? Or is it kilodaltons? Because isn't 22kd pretty small? Larger proteins than that make it into bm with no problem. But even if it is too large, your body probably creates a host of proteins in response to the foreign chemical and some of those are sure to be in the breastmilk. If the package insert says not to bf while on the drug then the drug manufacturer probably has evidence that it is harmful. They don't put that warning...
I could be wrong but I think all influenza strains are ultimately of avian origin. The human strains usually pass through animal intermediaries. From what I understand the strains that go straight from birds to humans have higher mortality rates.
I just got hooked on the show recently when they ran a Monk marathon on July 4th weekend. Now I don't miss the show ever. I think what I love most is that it's not just about the chase, you know, catching the criminals and all that. The funniest parts for me are all the little scenes in between the plot line that hold the show together. Favorite scene has to be in the psychiatrist's waiting room when Harold and Monk were fighting over how the magazines should be...
Quote: Originally Posted by acidflowers I asked my ped at my daughter's last appointment about mercury too. Her response was that they don't use mercury in vaccines anymore That seems to be a popular pediatric response. I think a good follow up question would be to ask: "did you inject your patients with vaccines before the mercury was removed?" "Why?"
Quote: Originally Posted by hunnybumm Those percentages are extremly low. Its like 1 in a billion chance. Can some calculate the chances a normal healthy person will contract polio and be paralized or die? I am really curious! Just off the top of my head I'm guessing it's probably higher than 1 in a billion. With the world's population at 7 billion, odds like that would mean, at most, only 7 people worldwide would have contracted...
I get what everybody's been saying but I also see what Quirky is getting at, too. Avian flu is nastier than the garden variety flu viruses so if it breaks out into a pandemic and eventually makes it's way to where we are, why not take some extra precautionary measures? We might disagree about how much precaution we'd take but if I knew avian flu was out and about this year I'd be a little more inclined to avoid coughers in public. I'd stock up on food so I didn't have...
I don't think it's possible to have another 1918. But eventually we'll have another 1957. That one was a bit nastier than normal.
Our two year old dd takes a daily afternoon nap that lasts 3-4 hours. I never let her stay awake by herself. I stay with her until she falls asleep and I lay down with her before she wakes up so she can see me first thing when she wakes up (which I think might be responsible for the longer naps since most days she cuddles up next to me and goes back to sleep).
Hi! Thanks for sharing your story. Hope to see you around.