or Connect

Posts by seanjoshmom

My twin DSs are 7.5 years old, and have different beds in the same room. Most nights one or the other crawls into the other's bed, and they sleep spooning. It is delicious to see.
Water play should be fine and fun, I think. Just as an fyi, the American Academy of Pediatrics does not recommend swim lessons until age 4.
i am an OB. I and a couple of other women in my group practice client-centered, women-centered medicine, don't believe in unnecessary procedures, etc. I finished med school in 1994, did residency, then worked part time and got an MPH. then I had twins, and now work part time on the faculty of an academic medical center. I still owe the same amount of money on my student loans as when I finished med school 12 years ago, which is a huge bummer. But I know it's about half as...
Thank-you Breathe, for easing my doubts too. One of my twin DSs sounds exactly like your son. We are all weaned, but he is a finger sucker, we co-sleep, and his comfort is rubbing my tummy--with the chasing around the house to get it to boot. He and his brother are at such different places, sometimes it's challenge, but I try to meet each of them where they are. THANK-YOU FOREVER to E.V.Lowi--I hope my sons turn out just like yours--gentle, loving, well-adjusted, and...
4 minutes apart. Does anyone tell your kids which was born first? We haven't told them--each wants to be the first, so he can be "the Oldest' and therefore "the boss" . . .
I know how you feel. I found myself getting so anxious I was almost shaking. My DSs are starting pre-K in two weeks. Your Dd will be fine. . .
I do not dress my fraternal twin DSs alike. They look nothing alike, so I think it would be weird, plus I support their different identities. They also have different favorite colors, so prefer to dress in those. Sometimes the outfits are similar, but not exactly the same. My nanny does dress them alike when I am not there. Probably just easier for her to pick out one outfit--and everyone gives us matching outfits!!
I would sleep in until 9 or 9:30 or 10 or 11--get about 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep, perhaps in a hotel like the Four Seasons, take a leisurely shower or bath, and then have a big brunch prepared by someone else, while i either read the newspaper from cover to cover, or talk with my hubby. I would then work out or relax on a beach somewhere, reading or napping whenever I felt like it. Then I would have a romantic dinner with hubby, and a night of awesome sex followed...
ajsmom, we are mostly like you, except my DSs self-weaned at 1.5 years, and we vacccinated. We often feel like we are out of the mainstream, and that we baby or overprotect our kids, but at the same time, feel like all those things--TV, movies, theme parks, etc really don't add quality to anyone's life. I mean, there is really very little on TV that is worth watching. Movies--puhleez. And parks---they're still too small anyway. I think people think all those things are...
of thumbs and fingers, of course. Other kids at preschool have teased them about it occasionally--calling them babies, and I do notice that I rarely see other kids their age sucking their fingers. But their teeth still look fine, their speech is fine, and a dentist told me that it is not a problem until 5 or so--close to when the whole process of losing baby teeth and getting adult teeth starts. I am not worried about it, but it is a niggling thought in the back of my...