or Connect

Posts by madis81

Zarah Amelia was born 11/24, 6lbs 1oz, and 19.25 inches long! I will try (again!) to post our birth story soon.
Tried to post a birth story, but deleted the entire thread when I hit the backspace button. *sigh* I will try again later. Until then, the quick stats: We are blessed with a baby girl on 11/24 @ 14:27! Our hearts are full and happy. We named her Zarah Amelia, and she weighed 6lbs 1oz and was 19.25 inches long.
My prodromal labor contractions are getting worst, but not so bad I feel like birth is going to happen. Last night I was up until 3am with contractions 3 minutes apart. Nothing was making them go away. They finally relaxed enough where I could fall asleep, but now I am super tired. Lots of mucous being lost now too.
    Ugh! I can totally relate to this and sometimes I just feel so awful for telling my kids "no more snuggles, mama needs her space".  Yet, it is just so sweet my kigs snuggle up and give the belly rubs, higs, and kisses and talk to the baby.   Feeling really crabby over here too. I get so irritated and moody. My poor DH has been very understanding. My oldest DD is just like, "Mom, it's ok, I know you're pregnant." And my younger 2 must be oblivious, or they just ignore...
 Feeling super birthy here! Wowsers! Every evening this week I've been timing contractions. They start at 10-15 minutes apart, get stronger and closer, but as soon as they hit 3-5 minuts apart they fade away. That's also usually right around bedtime, which for some bizarre reason has been somewhat chaotic. I did ask to get checked, just out of curiousty since babes head is so low and I get so much pressure when I do have contractions... I want a good idea as to where I'm...
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see pictures!
Sego -- Yes, I am in the U.S. I did find the requirements for filing a birth certificate in TX and I will need proof of pregnancy, proof of live birth, proof of residency and proof of something else that I can't remember at the top of my head. I have the info on our other computer  It may be a bit of a hassle, but good info to have just in case!!! If we end up birthing at home.... I don't know what we would do from that point! But would tend to think we'd end up staying...
What would you have in one? I plan on laboring as long as I can at home before heading to the hospital, but I also have a history of quick births and worry we may not make it on time. So, I plan on keeping a few dark towels, a small blanket, floss, and a nose sunction thing in my bag just in case, but what else would you have on hand?   Me and DH are also discussing what to do should the baby be born at home. Head to the hospital afterwards to get a clean bill of...
Oh my! Swollen genitals is a new experiance for me! Wowsers! Very interesting... Aside from that, baby has dropped so low I'm scared to dtd. I checked myself just to see how low and there is maybe 3-4 cm between the head and the exit. I have prodromal labor that wakes me up multiple times at night. When I have contractions I feel pressure on my bottom, so sometimes I run to the bathroom thinking I have to use the restroom, and halfway expect to find a head crowning. My...
AWWW.... I love it! You're glowing and you look amazing too!