or Connect

Posts by telekinetic pyro

I would understand it more if she didn't have kids herself! That is the part that just boggles my mind
ppd=Postage paid ISO=In search of EC=excellent condition Hope that helped
I wish I could offer you advice on the car crying. Unfortunately, I can't because ds did the same thing. Evnetually, he just outgrew it. Sometimes, distraction would help as he got a little older but putting him in the car seat was often a two person job because he would fight so hard. When he gets a little bigger, I found snacks were a good way to calm him down. If I gave him a banana or some crackers, he would be intent on eating and not thinking about being...
I wish everyone had your attitude on raising children. Unfortunately, I have been told that I'm a terrible mother for working while my child is young. And for supplementing with formula (which never hurt our nursing at all) while he was in daycare. And for having a scheduled c-section. Not to mention my love for Disney and plastic beepy toys. Or my non-vegetarian diet. That is why I call myself "mostly creamy", as in I'm not super granola, I'm not even really...
My dad watches Christopher in the afternoons and he will change diapers all afternoon long, if need be. However the second either my mom or I walk in the door, he refuses to change diapers anymore for the rest of the day. He won't even take him alone on the weekends because he "doesn't change diapers" I know he is fully capable because he is always bragging about how "Christopher had a really bad messy diaper and I changed it" He just doesn't like...
I tried CIO once when ds was about 5 months old. I left him in his crib to cry. I had to force myself to leave and not go, then I threw up from the strain of fighting my instincts. I went and got him and vowed never to do that again.
My dh has a bunch of the disney movies. We are in the process of reaquireing them on DVD. Currently, we have toy story 1 and 2 and Bugs Life and Monster's Inc. I'm holding my breath and wringing my hands waiting for Lion King to be released on DVD (according to the lady at the Disney Sotre, it is supposed to be in October) And we are quite anxiously awaiting Nemo's release on DVD , since ds won't sit still in a theater. However, he loves his Nemo shirt (his yishy)...
We don't have a bedtime ritual of any kind (we are fortunate in that we don't really need one) Ds goes to sleep anytime between 8 and 10 depending on when he starts to act tired. Sometimes, I keep him up a little later than he should because if I don't he is liable to wake up in the middle of the night wanting to play.
When I got pregnant, I went back to school. I was in the middle of the fall semester when I had ds. I had a scheduled c-section so I went to class the night before, had him on Friday, skipped the next Thursday and went back the next week. I was only going one class a semester but it was a three hour class plus a half an hour drive each way. So I was gone ~ 4 hours a week from 2 weeks old. Fortunately, we didn't have any problems with our birth so that made it...
I was in school and dropped out. When I got pregnant I went back so now I work full time, parent full time and go to school part time. It is going to take my at least five years to an associates degree because I'm doing it one class at a time. Getting pregnant was actually the motivating factor in going back to school. It dawned on me that I was going to have someone else to support and that I wasn't going to be able to that well making a receptionist's salary. The...