or Connect

Posts by Marylizah

Please, do me a favor: save your pity for someone else. I had the perfect natural birth and the emergency c-section under general anesthesia, and after that what I wanted was for people to see my son, my beautiful baby-- not focus on how he came into the world. The judgment in this thread is terrifying and terrible. How dare you presume to know better than a woman, better than her doctor, the individual circumstances of the birth that woman had? How about looking at...
Hi, mama. I can hear your concern for the safety of your kiddo, and while I understand why you're worried about the safety of plastic toys at the daycare, I think the previous posters are right to point out that in the grand scheme of things BPA and phthalates are, frankly, minor when compared to issues of security, health (germy toys), nutrition etc. Unless you have a Waldorf-inspired daycare near you, it's unlikely you'll find one with a really strict stance on plastic...
Could it be reflux? I know that can sometimes cause coughing and might explain the gagging.   Hope he feels better soon.
Well, I guess we'll have to be the exceptions, then!   DS1 breastfed until age 3, no vaxes until age 3 and then only DTaP, and was almost never sick between birth-18 months, was often sick between 18 mos and 3 years, then, after starting preschool at age three, was CONSTANTLY sick.   He's almost five and we've gone three weeks without a sickness, which is our new record since school started back in the fall.   He also just had tubes put in his ears and his...
My first son was always all over the place with naps. But DS2 has always had more of a schedule. In your shoes I would try a nap after 1-2 hours of being awake. Dim room, nursing, rocking or bouncing. Give it 1/2 an hour and if baby still doesn't want to sleep, wait another 1/2 an hour and try again. As an example: baby wakes up at 6am. At 7:30, try a nap. Baby wakes up again at 9:30, try a nap at 11am. At 5 weeks, your baby will still be all over the place, though, so...
I'm enraged for your friend. Having had a traumatic c-section, what helped me heal was partly the kindness and care of the team at the hospital but PRIMARILY the love and support of my husband. OP, you sound like a good friend. I think offering her a refuge (your cottage) is a lovely, thoughtful idea. Especially if her husband is holding the c-section against her, having some space and time alone to process might be perfect.   It sounds to me like he thinks she...
DS2, 13 months, is obsessed with my hair. It's sort of become his lovey. He has to have it in this hands when he's sleepy, which means that he's often grabbing at my hair or yanking on it if I've pulled it back. It's annoying during the day, but it's making me insane at night. Aside from shaving my head, any tips on gently convincing him to stop?
n/m
Hi,   I had a c-section with DS2 and had no breastfeeding issues whatsoever.   In our case, it was an emergency c-section under general anesthesia, so pretty much totally unexpected. Immediately after birth my son was given to DH, who did kangaroo care (skin-to-skin contact) until they could come join me, about an hour after birth.   As soon as DS2 was put on my chest, I asked if I could breastfeed and was given the green light. He latched on right...
I can't read and not post, although I don't have much to say beyond, you sound like an *amazing* mom.   And for the record, I sometimes internet-overshare, yell at my kids, let housework slide then compulsively clean while beating myself up about what a crap homemaker I am and, emotional overeating? Oh, yeah. And I don't have horrific abuse behind me. We're none of us perfect parents. (What is that, anyway?? Everyone's idea of perfection is different-- ) We're all...