or Connect

Posts by MamaKalena

Thank you! I will definitely check this one out.    
Yes, I agree! I read the explosive child and it's the best book I've read so far that most accurately describes my son. I do sometimes lose sight of the concept "that he wants to do well and just doesn't have the skillset" because his behavior is just so horrid at times, but I always come back to that and it does help put things into perspective when his teachers are throwing him in the time out room and diagnosing him with all kinds of disorders. Sigh. But thanks, I will...
I'm wondering if anyone has read any of the books below and could offer their opinion or recommend any other parenting books for parents who practice AP and GD. I tend to steer clear of any discipline method that is too rigid or forumla as I feel that flexibility in parenting is important especially since being flexible is one of the things my 6-year-old really struggles with. I really like Alphie Kohn's Unconditional Parenting, but I am looking for more...
Quote: Originally Posted by Breathless Wonder http://www.disneystore.com/toddler-b...=KNC-DSSGoogle Is this the costume? yeah, that's the one. DS loves nemo, but that's mainly because he loves fish and all the ocean animals...
I have to agree that the no character/consumerism policy is one of the things we really like about his preschool. The nemo obsession just kind of happened, and not because he watched the video at home or because we buy him things. Nemo is just everywhere...the aquarium store, the library, in the homes of friends and family, at the place where he gets his hair cut. The costume IS very basic...no branding or "nemo" written on it, yet still it is nemo to my son. I wish...
DS' waldorf preschool said the children can wear their Halloween costumes tomorrow as long as it isn't a character/disney costume. Well DS LOVES ocean animals. Last year he was a shark and this year is is "nemo." I don't encourage a lot of characters, especially of the Disney variety, but they do sneak into our home at times and he, like many children, loves, loves, loves Nemo. I know he's going to be heartbroken that he can't wear it... What do you think? Can his...
Does anyone have a recommendation for a Naturopathic doc and acupuncturist in the West Palm Beach vicinity? TIA!
You should definitely check out the children's museum. Other things to do: the aquarium and shops on the waterfront, treehouse/play area at the downtown REI, Alki beach for beach combing at low tide. Also, if you're looking for a nearby family-friendly neighborhood to hang out in, there are some great playgrounds in Queen Anne (big howe, little howe, kerry park) as well as great kid-friendly restaurants and shopping on Queen Anne avenue (including THREE toy stores...
I had two wonderful home birth experiences with the midwives at Seattle Home Maternity. They are based in south Seattle/Columbia City. Good luck in your search! http://www.seattlehomematernity.com
Quote: Originally Posted by vixnix We have trofast toy storage from IKEA and I think that helps more than anything. Everything has its own drawer, it makes putting toys away really easy. Yes, Trofast is great. They have lightweight trays for carrying around the house so you always have a place for everything. DS' toys still get strewed around the house every day but clean-up goes much faster when you have a designated place for everything....