or Connect

Posts by DeChRi

Late reply here...haven't been on MDC in a long time. Too busy running the same race with my kids. :) I have a 5 yr old with EoE and and a 3 yr old that has had 7 scopes, rare eosinophils but debilitating pain, and a list too long to post of other issues. I ate 4 foods for much of her first year. Supplemented her with elemental formula. Traveled out of state to specialized children;s eos clinics. And more history, pain and treatments than I care to relive between both...
Thank you all so much for the replies.   Regarding testing him...yes and no. He has to eat enough offending foods to cause the reaction, in order to get an accurate scope. It is different than an IgE allergy, where the person instantly gets hives, or an anaphylaxic rxn right away.  With my other two, some foods cause immediate stomach pain, etc, but often times it takes a couple exposures. The imnune system sends eosinophils (a white blood cell) to attack the food...
This is going to be a long post, and I am not sure what advice I am looking for, more than needing to get this all out to a group that understands what a big deal this is to me.   I BF my first DD until age 4 and she weaned on her own. No allergies. I BF my second DD until she weaned on her own at 2.5 when my third DD was born. She had what we thought were traditional allergies, battled what we thought was reflux....my diet was limited and she was a beating to nurse....
Thoughts?
Thanks for the replies!  Very helpful. I am super excited to get this project started.  
We just moved to a new home. Our last home we had a poorly sunlit 10x15 area than never did much.  Our new home has a 30x30 or more area with wonderful sunlight, for a garden expansion. :)  We are garden rookies. We just brought a sample of our soil to our local extension office to be tested. We are having our yard torn out in 4 days and want to have the garden space laid out before then. We think we want to do raised beds, but we do not want to put the money in to...
This is a partial vent and a partial advice seeking post. :) Like most of us, I go through periods of decluttering, etc. But it never sticks. We just moved into our "dream" home.....and old fixer upper with 6000 sq feet. It is just huge, and so cool. We also just had surprise baby #4. And my 2 middle kids (age 2 and 4) have a health condition that is a time, money and bandwidth eater upper. ANd the new baby is looking like he has the same condition. I have had to...
Same experience as cmmst87.  At first there was massive vomiting and such, then it stabilized. I have 2 kids with eosinophilic esophagitis. My 2 yr old still has Neocate as her sole source of nutrition. Cmmst87 is right these it is very rare that someone has a recation to elemental formulas, though some do better on one vs another. The corn and such in them are broken co completely down that Most that react to those items are not effected. My 4.5 yr old is a violent corn...
A lot of good info here.  I have a 4.5 yr old with EoE, a 2 yr old with EoE, and a 4 month old that is manifesting the same.  My 4 year old has never scoped clear but we got her down to 8 eos per hpf going top 8, corn and beef free. We have trialed and failed corn and egg since then.  My 2 yr old has failed all foods and is currently elemental.  They both test negative to nearly everything on blood, skin and patch testing. There are a lot of directions to go based on...
I am mostly thinking aloud here. At the end of the day, I usually err on the side of caution. That said, I like picking the brains of thinking mamas. I'm currently nursing my fourth kiddo. I real life my world revolves around weight lifting and fitness as a profession and hobby. When not pregnant and nursing, my supplement line up consists of many supplements, including BCAAs and many other pre, post and mid workout stuff, as well as all normal things and good diet, etc....