or Connect

Posts by DeChRi

Thanks. :) 
I deliver in an old school hospital. We have one OB practice here, that has no midwives.  We have one home birth midwife in the area and for various reasons, we are opting for a 4th and final hospital birth.  This is my third birth with this OB.  She and I have made friends outside of the office and she knows I am not nuts. ;-)    Our hospital here has old school policies, no food/drink, IVs etc.  But I have also learned they yield to Anything the OB signs off on in...
I have had 3 very different births, all resulting in delightfully healthy babies and mom.   After each experience, there is one thing I recognize that lets me be at peace with them.....owning the decisions made regarding my birth, and feeling like I had the knowledge to be confident in those decisions.    My first birth was spontaneous, no pain meds, no augmentation, nothing. I was 20 yr old and not nearly as educated as I am not. While I was pushing, my OB...
I have a moby, baby ktan, ergo, mai tei, woven wrap, maya wrap ring sling, maya pouch, hotsling, and a couple misc (yes, I have a problem ;-))   My 2 cents after 3 kiddos: First couple months- MOBY - When I have time to get baby wrapped up nice and tight in the moby, it is most comfy for me and baby.  It is not easy and convenient for the run into the store, or outing like that.  I tend to wear baby for long periods around the house when I need both hands. MAYA...
Wow, thanks for the replies!  My 2nd was breech until late, so I got to know spinningbabies.com well!  I am doing weekly chiro now, so on top of that.  I will hit all fours and see if I can encourage baby.  Her head is super low now, but she does seem to move up for a bit, then settles way down again.  In hind sight, baby #1 I think may have been posterior for part of labor.  She came out in the right position, but I had a couple hours of excruiating back and tail bone...
I had an u/s today to check on a kidney problem that baby had on our anatomy scan.  (It looked much better btw, and they expect little to no issues!).....   But baby was posterior, which I suspected.  I am only 30w2d (due very end of April) but my last two came early.  Are they still shifting back and forth a lot at this point?  Baby is really low right now.   This being #4 you would think I would know more, lol.  But #1 I was 20 and didn't really know to...
Mine does what Tulafina says....mine shifts posterior and I cannot reach it (it hides behind baby's head), then it shifts anterior closer to labor.
I am posting from the other side.  I was 100% of conception date, got a BFP at 9 days past ovulation.  Had an u/s at 6wk2days and it was empty, nothing.  My Dr called me (we were prepping to leave for two weeks to another state for a hospital stay with 2 of our other kids) saying it was likely ectopic and she was not sure what to do since we were leaving state.  But that there was no pregnancy.  She did a blood test, then right before we left did another, called while we...
I can feel my baby's head, and could with #3 too. :)  I never checked my cervix until #3 (we charted to conceive with her, so I was getting to know things).  I remember going to my Dr on freak out thinking I was nuts at 32 weeks...."I CAN FEEL HER HEAD!"  She assured me it WAS her head and that it was fine, lol.
Oh boy do I hate baby names.  I thought I had a final list, then one day I woke up and couldn't stand them. Then I spent 3 months thinking we HAD to have a strong family name. Now I am like, forget that, we don't like any of them.  If baby came right now, our current faves are:   If a girl, named after my great aunt (Emma Katherine), either: -Emelia Katherine or -Emery Katherine   and if a boy: -Calister Wade (Wade my maiden name, Calister pulled out of...