or Connect

Posts by DeChRi

Thanks for the reply! Not Dick but very similar in style and hard to pair with. :)
I hate doing baby names. We don't know sex so now we have to do two. We have a girl name, After my great aunt. We feel compelled to name this baby a family name. So the hard part is a boy name. We have a tough last name. One ssyllable and just really bad...this baby Needs a badass first name lol. So we have been scouring both sides for names. On my MILs side, her dad and grandpas first names are the same as our last name so those are out. Hubby is not a huge fan of one...
Wow reading everyone's lists has me totally overwhelmed!    I am going to do this bit by bit.....deep breath.   House and car - Get rid of buffalo from deep freeze to make room for freezer food Get carpets cleaned (scheduled for this week) Make appt in March for van servicing and oil change Clean out my closet Clean out DD2 and DD3's closets      -put away out of season and too small clothes      -move out items that do not beling      -make some...
Why do people take it upon themselves to alter your name?  We have a DD named Ellisen.  We call her either Elle (pronounced like the letter "L") or Ellisen, or Ellis.  But EVERYONE else in our extended family calls her Ellie.  Now I have NO issues with Ellie at all, but it just DOES NOT fit this kid.  She is a brute, rough and tumble strong willed child and the last name that fits her is Ellie.  Plush we have a kind of country/hick-style last name, so to call her Ellie...
Thanks Laurie.  We have made a lot of strides.  She is now eating 20 or so foods successfully, which is HUGE.  Just trying to figure out what we are missing.  I do find that with each month, the more she is verbal, the more she can tell me what hurts and when.  Eventually we will figure it out. Or I will lose my mind. :)
Jumping over to the official list!
Thank you for the reply.  We met for coffee and I am surprised with as easy as it was.  We talked over a few things...I actually thought of what you said about the child care.  Like I could make $30-35k, but if I was willing to traveled 5 days a month I could make $40k, but then we are talking loads of childcare, etc.  He agreed.  We also talked over that if he works 40 hr a week he makes $55k, but on years they are slow he may get 30 hrs some weeks.  But he also is...
  Our ped is our family doc as well.  I did some looking to find a Dr that was non-circing.  Unfortunately, in small town Kansas, we are out of luck. :)  As resigned as it sounds, I feel like our best case is what we have, and that is a Dr that (once we stand firm on something) never questions it and respects the choice.  Part of my loyalty probably also lies there because she saw us through 18 months of a bad health situation with my youngest, during which she went way...
The family part is hard.  My DDwas the same way.  What they don't realize is that we ONLY leave the house when she feels okay.  It really took my parents staying the night at my house with us the first time when she was 1-ish.  They ran into the room like 20x alarmed and just kept saying...this is EVERY NIGHT and yes i KNOW it is not normal.  We had a diagnosis at the time, but everything is so questionable now.  She slept 2 nights okay, 2 hours stretches....then woke...
Ex DH and I have been amicably divorced for almost 8 years.  Both of us are remarried.  He does not have any children from that marriage, but they are planning them.  My new DH and I are expecting our third together.  DD1 from marriage #1 is almost 13.  We divorced when she was 5 and we were both students.  A simple child support form had him paying $290/month.  He made $13/hour then.  Now he has finished school and makes about $50-60k.  I had full custody of her and it...