or Connect

Posts by mich

I can relate. Especially the "chicken and egg" circle with the depression/anxiety.   For years I have sworn by my vitamins. Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega, but it is very expensive. I also take b-12 and vit D for energy, and a multi. With anything in life, I will drift away from habits. Forget to take them for weeks or month at a time. That is when my anxiety will build and life becomes unbearable. I start my vitamins again and in a few days or a week life is...
This was the most surprising benefit we found when I quit my job 12 years ago. I could do business (we are landlords) , errands for my husband, and anything else that needs doing without the time limitations of a job.    In 2008 we ended up in a very bad way. The economy crash had a huge effect on our income and business. We discussed my getting a job, but in the end we decided my being available for the kids, my husband, and our business, and tenents was a much...
I feel truly blessed. Ever since I was young I wanted to be a mom, have a home and children. A husband to love, and a family to care for. In high school everyone was talking about and planning for college and joining the work force. All I wanted was a home and family.    I did work for many years. But when my first was born and I left my job to be a sahm it was a turning point in my life. I have been a sahm, a homemaker, a housewife, and a homeschooling mom now for...
Thank you all so much for the replies. There are lots of great ideas and thoughts here. I'll be re-reading your posts several times over the coming months.   I think the emotional mama crisis has passed and things are going better. We have started to focus more on writing. I have dropped some of our other tasks. I am happy to say that it has not been as traumatizing as I thought it might be. But I am taking it slow.    A few years ago my youngest was struggling...
Funny, I was just reading the reviews for that book. It reminded me of this thread, and how long it's been since I've checked in.    The holidays and the January birthdays we have (4 family and close friend, so busy!) are over,  and I am settling into a quiet winter hibernation.  If only the rest of the world would slow down as well. Lately I find myself sitting by the window in a sunny spot, reading, knitting, or puttering online. Sometimes I just look out the...
We are having a hard day, forgive me if this is not very clear.  I have always been more geared towards emotional/moral development. Who you are, more so that what you know. In my mind as long as we have the skills to find the knowledge we need, it's not as important to study what is not of interest right now.  But we are lacking skills.   As I said, bad day. Maybe I am not cut out to homeschool. I don't push. Maybe they need more push. I am laid back. I hate drama....
Hugs, your life sounds a lot like mine. Minus the ADD. My kids are a lot older now and I'm always amazed how much easier it is in all the ways you mentioned. I did ask for help with the cleaning and shopping. Sometimes I would get it, sometimes not. If the bathroom gets too bad he will clean it. But it's on his timeline, not when I want it done. I have learned to be ok with it. Meals are another story. We both stink at making meals. But I'm the one who wants it done, so...
Little ones are hard! They are constant work, you are doing great even if you don't know it. The fact that you are spending time trying to do better is proof that you are a good mom. And by a good mom, I mean a good enough mom, not a perfect mom that we all try to be and never achieve because it's impossible. Be kind to yourself! I remember when mine were that age having to cut way back on my expectations and rules because I could not enforce them consistently with...
I like Dave Ramsey but this is where he lost me. We have many rental buildings , mostly 3 family buildings. The formula we have used is 2 units cover all expenses and the 3rd rent is profit. Following this we can see how much we can pay for a certain property. All our buildings have mortages on them, some 15yr, some 30yr, all fixed rate. The income from these buildings are what allowed me to be a SAHM. Our own family home has a small mortgage we are working to pay off...
Another thought, In our state (and possibly others?) there was a flood of foreclosure that were not processed correctly. Meaning the owner was in default, was not paying their mortgage, but the legal paperwork was mis-handled. If this was the situation I'm not sure how I would feel about uprooting my life because a lawyer found a loophole.   Just a thought.