or Connect

Posts by mich

A new roof, a new van, and a trip to Disney!   But really, gift cards for movies, restaurant, or TJ Maxx. Maybe some slippers.
My oldest was easy to potty train, but could not wake up at night to pee. He wore Goodnights Pull ups until he was 8.5. We did reach a point where I felt he could try harder. He mentioned to me he was waking up, needing to pee but not wanting to get up, so using the pull up.  But he was still reluctant to give them up.   Then I came up with an idea. I knew he was saving up for a DS, so I told him when he was pull up free, the next 3 times I would have bought a box of...
I'm curious about this as well. I found an old gold necklace of mine while cleaning out the attic last weekend and I would like to sell it.
I do understand the desire to homeschool despite financial crisis. We had a money meltdown in 2008, thought we would have to sell our house, lost all our savings just trying to keep afloat. But we decided we would continue to homeschool instead of me taking on a job. We made it through by the skin of our teeth, we have debt to pay off and are in rough shape financially.   But I have to agree with Frugalmama, one hospital stay could bankrupt you.  We had health...
I have a friend who swears by Bach Flower Remedy, but she also custom blends. For me, I have only tried the Rescue Remedy, and it did not help me very much with anxiety.
Hugs to you and your daughter. As a child I had several anxiety attacks (maybe 10-15?) in 4th and 5th grade.  Usually before, or on the way to school, a couple in school. But I can say that is got better in middle school, and a lot better in high school. Looking back I think I felt more in control as I got older.   Now a days when I feel this way I will take a homeopathic remedy. Aconite during the day, and Arsenicum Album if I am having trouble worrying at bed time....
Good for you, finding a way to be yourself in a work environment can be hard. I have had too much of certain people in the past and distanced myself. But after a time, when we would run into each other I could find a better way to interact with them. I bet you will be able to find a new way to be with them. One that is good for you, and kind to them also.   Starflower, thanks for the update. Glad to hear it went well!
I also had a hard time with the format. I must be spoiled, with section headers and quotes in the side bar and stuff like that. This book was just many very small words, page after page with very little break. I did skip around and enjoyed what I read. But for some reason I had a hard time sticking with it. This was the hardback, from the library. But I do plan on borrowing it again.   I really appreciated how it addressed older kid topics. I also liked "You are Your...
I love bowls. I have some of my grandma's mixing bowls, some of my mom's, and some I have purchased. I'm a sucker for kitchen bowls and pitchers.   I have a melamine 6 bowl set I got years ago from Crate and Barrel that I use a lot for snacks and informal party serving. I have a Pyrex set I get somewhere that I don't use much, the glass feels heavy and I am more concerned about breaking it. I use all Pyrex for the smaller size bowls, and food storage, but not large...
I am always working on this also. I will check out that book, and I really love that affirmation. I think I am going to write it up and post it somewhere.