or Connect

Posts by mich

When I was 23 I married my boyfriend of 8 years. Your post sounded so familiar in that way! We have now been married 14 years, together 22 years. But I will say, even then, I knew what I was marrying. He was very motivated and it was easy to see, even at the young ages we were. I did not worry that I was making a mistake. I don't know if that is helpful to say, but I think it needs to be said. As another woman who was with someone for 8 years at the same age, I think...
This may sound strange, but sometimes I think my mind gets stuck obsessing over a possible hard event as a way of justifying my current pain and struggles. Like I am suffering now, but part of me feels I am just weak, and that is why I am suffering. Others are not struggling as I am, what's my problem? So my mind wanders, and gets stuck on something that would really validate my suffering. Something so hard I would never feel the need to beat myself up over it. It would...
Rachel, (cute user name by the way) I feel the same. The boys are making great progress. I think they were falling behind (behind what?, I know, I can't help it) and I am very happy with what we are accomplishing. You made a great point, I had not thought of scheduled time off! In years past we missed a lot of days randomly. But so far this year we are very scheduled. I will be making some plans for that today, thanks! Moominmamma, that is a great idea. We have added 3...
Hello everyone! Starflower, I'm so impressed you can perform in front of a group! I wanted to take a belly dancing class and was too shy. I did buy a dvd and wow, what a work out! I was out with friends last week and I had one of those nights where I talked a lot and later thought "why did I say all that???" For me most of the time I can talk and chat, but speak consciously, and not have regrets later. I think it is one of those things that gets better with practice...
Thanks. You mentioned work, and I think that may be part of my problem. I work from home and it has been suffering. I am hopping it will settle down soon!
We have been homeschooling for years but I have added a lot this year. The boys are getting older and and we are taking on new subjects. How long until I adjust to all this extra work?! The kids are fine, they are enjoying the family readings and discussions we are doing, but I am wiped out! Our short work days last year would be 30 minutes, days with more work 2 hours. Now the short work days are 2 hours, and an average work day is almost 4 hours! I know I need to suck...
I think we all play the "if" game. If I get a job, and so on. But you already know that it's not whats best for you. You said yourself you want to be available during the day, evenings, after school. You have made a big change and it may take months, even all year, to adjust. You could try writing in a journal when you have the urge to clean the counter again. Spend some time with yourself and see what you might like to do with your newly acquired free time.
I have been jean shopping at used stores the last few years. Size 18, I have a few favorites, but the names I don't recognize so I have no clue were to get them. If you have a second hand store, goodwill, savers type place, it's a good way to try on many different brands and styles all in one place. And the most I have paid is $9, usually $6 or $7.
I know a few moms who have had to put their kids in school for the free childcare. One mom openly calls it that. One plus could be your daughter meeting neighborhood friends. Then if you do decide to homeschool again, she will already know some local kids. The last few years we have struggled financially and it has been a family sacrifice time. I am so impressed with how the kids have handled it. We all just do the best we can, life goes on and we all grow and change.