or Connect

Posts by 3girls1boy

We have our TV in a cabinet and only one in the house. When my kids were little, I had a baby lock on the cabinet. When my kids were small, I had audio stories and music that they enjoyed and I felt that forced them to use their imaginations more. There used to be all sorts of kids' recordings back in the days before recorded TV or movies. I happen to still have a working turntable so I picked up records from the thrift store--my kids listened to Captan Kangaroo and these...
Neither my husband (circumcised) or I have ever understood the reasoning that "the son should look like Daddy." So, to follow that argument, why not get the son a nose job and dye his hair too? Besides, my husband says he never saw his own father naked anyway, nor do my son and husband spend any time comparing penises. Ridiculous!
Neither my husband (circumcised) or I have ever understood the reasoning that "the son should look like Daddy." So, to follow that argument, why not get the son a nose job and dye his hair too? Besides, my husband says he never saw his own father naked anyway, nor do my son and husband spend any time comparing penises. Ridiculous!
Yes, we have never given our 12 year old son any specific instructions about cleaning himself. I never did anything about his foreskin when I bathed him when he was younger. Haven't seen him naked in years. No problems.
After my 3 girls, I agree that it's much easier cleaning up a baby boy. I just cleaned my son's penis like I did any other part of him-- wiped with a washcloth or baby wipe--no probing or pulling. At around 3, he discovered that his foreskin would retract, which he was delighted to show his older sisters back when they all bathed together. One of my daughters was rather alarmed 'cause she thought he was hurting himself. I assured her that if it hurt, he wouldn't be doing...
I'm not against TV either, but I think we probably watch less than the average. My kids are older (the oldest out of the house and three at home, 18, 15, and 12) but when they were younger I was very strict about no TV on school nights, but looser on Friday night and Saturday morning. It seemed easiest to just have the one "no TV on school nights" rule. Now I don't let them watch until schoolwork is done (though my husband is more permissive when I am not home). I also...
The vasospasm can continue for quite a while after the latch problem has been fixed because the nipple has been traumatized. Dr. Jack Newman has info online about this. Also, if you google "raynaud's syndrome of the nipple" you should be able to find a paper published by a couple of Australian lactation consultants that outlines a treatment course of fish oil or evening primrose oil. Evening primrose oil worked for me, but I had to take it for many weeks. I'm also...
Some years ago I was the caregiver for my infant nephew who also did not like using a bottle. I had him starting at 6 weeks. If I tried too often to get him to take the bottle when he had initially rejected it, he seemed to get more and more frustrated. Eventually, he would drink from a bottle only when I carried him around the house and I did not look at him. He pretty much would hold out for his mom and just take enough to get himself through the day--only about 8 ounces...