or Connect

Posts by SleeplessinAZ

I love Sue! She attended both of my homebirths. I would gladly recommend her.
I went to Inner Vision Yoga in Chandler at Dobson/Ray for prenatal yoga for 2 of my pregnancies and really enjoyed it.
I'm in the same boat as most of you. I've really never had trouble making or maintaining friendships as a child/young adult, until my first child was born 6 years ago. Since then, I've become a SAHM, had 2 more kids, and all of my local friends have moved far away, including my best friend. It hasn't really bothered me until recently and now it is quite depressing that I have nobody to do stuff with, talk on the phone with, or hang out with. I've tried joining AP groups,...
I'll take a stab at your questions...Where in Chandler will your DH be working? That will help narrow down the possibilities of a shorter commute. We live in Chandler, my DH works at Intel and he still has a 10-15 minutes commute. I've lived in Tempe, Chandler, and Mesa. Tempe, Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert are all large suburbs of Phoenix, and everything is very spread out. It will be difficult to get around without a car, especially in the summer when temps are in the 110's....
I second both the AZ Museum for Youth in Mesa and Children's Museum in Phoenix. Also, you can still enjoy the zoo if you go early when they open at 7am. Bring swim clothes/change of clothes and your little one can cool off in the 2 water play/splash pad areas. http://www.phoenixzoo.org/visit/daily_activities.aspx
Sorry, Belia, that no one answered right away...so I'll take a stab at your questions. 1. Yes, it may be warm enough to swim, but it depends if the pool is heated or not. Our pool at home is not heated and is usually not comfortable/warm enough to swim in until May. 2. Definitely will not need long sleeves/long pant in April. It will probably be in the 60s/70s/80s/maybe low 90s. Bring summer clothes, and maybe a light jacket for evenings, but you probably won't need...
Right now? just wondering what the possibility is of going sledding in the next couple weeks. i don't trust snowbowl's snow report for sledding. thx!
I think you did the right thing. This almost exact situation just happened to my 5 yr old on his first day of K. He got off at the first stop instead of the second stop (about a mile away from each other in another community), not knowing any better since it was the very first time he had ever rode the bus. If he had been told to get off at the second stop I know he would have. The bus driver failed to make sure he got off at the right stop. So I was waiting for him at...
this is such a great thread! I've got 3 kids, ages 5, 2, and 5 months. Today I went to the grocery store with all 3 (It wasn't until the last month or so that I've felt confident in taking all with me to the store) My 5 yr old was begging and whining for Jelly Bellys and I refused to give in...at the checkout he told me he would pay me $5 if I would buy him the jelly beans!! haha! Reversed bribery! Anyway, I've mostly encountered lots of "knowing" BTDT smiles from moms...
Thanks for the feedback. No, they didn't give any explanation, just the scores in a letter stating that he would best fit into a regular K classroom. It's possible he was bored, confused, or distracted, because he said another boy kept talking to him and the teacher told them both to be quiet. He said the test was "fun" so I don't think he was intimidated or anxious about the test. My guess is that he either didn't finish all the questions or put "x"s through what he...